bottle dating.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

barnidoyll

Reaction score
Sorry about problems, can anyone tell me anything about this bottle please. It stands 12 inches high and has a light bluey green tinge to it . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again Brian.

Ki20779.jpg

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi barnidoyll, welcome to the forum [:D] .
Your bottle is a three piece mould whiskey/other plonk bottle from anywhere from the 1870's to 1900's, a photo of the base would help date it more accuratly.
They are unfortunatly very common.

barnidoyll

Reaction score
Hello to everyone , This bottle is 8 " high amber in colour and is embossed
YE "AULD TOUN" scotch whisky JOHN GILLON & CO ltd LEITH. It has a base which rises into the bottle about an inch and is moulded up the lower part of neck with a top which seems to have been applied seperatly. As before I would be grateful for your help.
Thanks Brian ....swansea.

Vt57152.jpg

Oldtimer

Reaction score
The first bottle is a 3 piece mold, applied top with sloping under collar, ladys leg neck whiskey. The coloring and mold style tell me it is pre 1890.

The second is a nice amber scottish whiskey with a applied crown top. It is worth more than the first one, but how much exactly, I couldn't say.

I can say I'd be tickled to keep both!

barnidoyll

Reaction score
I am grateful to OLDTIMER & IRISH and everyone else for helping me in dating a couple of bottles. Good website which i hope to use more often. Thanks Barnidoyll.

IRISH

Reaction score
barnidoyll, can you please post a close up of the amber bottles top ? I don't think it's a crown seal, I've seen a few of these and they are mostly a bit older than crown seals.
It looks like it's got a glass stopper in the top ? Nice bottle whatever the top [;)] .

barnidoyll

Reaction score
Thanks for taking time to reply Irish. I have taken a photo of the top and the glass stopper which feels abit loose to me. I wouldnt have thought it really goes with the bottle although the colour is the same. Thanks Barnidoyll

Attachments

• Hf99991.jpg
    Hf99991.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Hf99991.jpg
    Hf99991.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 87

olddump

Reaction score
The top seems loose because they were usually warpped with thin cork layer. Really a fine looking bottle that flask is. Does that other bottle [the aqua one] have any letters under the bottom? Welcome and good luck to all. Tom, Olddump

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn