bottle find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

manxie

Reaction score
can anyone help me again please- i live on isle of man and i find a few bottles my latest one is green (i think a beer or bitter bottle ) it has on the neck of it h and b, then it has on front heron and brearley and downat bottom front has douglas does someone know what date it could be and also have a blue milk of magnisia one any dates please ,

margaret

diginit

Reaction score
Hi Manxie,
A picture really does speak a thousand words. Here's one for you.
The circle M, I believe is post 1915. the more common logo has been used since the 1920's. A common bottle but nice. They are popular with casual collectors and often labeled as "old" bottles in antique shops and bring a few dollars.

quote:

Another Stamford resident whose product became nationally and even internationally known was Charles H. Phillips, inventor of milk of magnesia. Phillips, a pharmacist from England, moved to Glenbrook where he established the Phillips Camphor and Wax Company. It was in Stamford that he concocted and received a patent in 1873 for «hydrate of magnesia mixed with water» which he called «Milk of Magnesia.» Phillips produced milk of magnesia as well as other pharmaceuticals at his Glenbrook firm which incorporated in 1885 as the Charles H. Phillips Company. After Phillips' death in 1882, his four sons ran the corporation until 1923, at which time it was acquired by Sterling Drug, Inc. Phillip's Milk of Magnesia is of course still manufactured today, but the last familiar blue bottle to be filled in Stamford was in 1976 when production at the Glenbrook plant was phased out.

Now if you can post a pic of the green bottle we're even. If not, that's ok too.

Jh16663.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem