Bottle found while squirrel hunting

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DOLANBADGER

Reaction score
Hello once again fellow collectors and diggers. Like I said last post ,great site,very helpful
and humourous people.I'm not very good with a computer ,haven't even bought a camera yet.Spend most of my spare cash on bottles and N.B. hunting collectibles.
Snake oil- happy hunting.
Irish - Thanks for the warm welcome.
oldshoe4you- SLOW down when your spelling those big words. DOLANBADGER.

wberry

Reaction score
Personally, I didn't subscribe to this forum to read about hunting. Hunting bottles, yes; hunting wildlife, no. There are more suitable places on the Net for such discussions. Stick to bottles, please.

bearswede

Reaction score
Well, Boys...

I was gonna wow ya'll with one of my hunting feats, but I guess we've been told what's what...

Anyway, snake oil... I just purchased one of my elusive minor holy grails... Thought you might enjoy the name: "Osgood's India Cholagogue"

Nice aqua open-pontiled med...

Ron

Rp44673.jpg

Attachments

• Rp44673.jpg
    Rp44673.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 83

snake oil

Reaction score
wberry , I thought I was . My original post was about finding a bottle , not hunting game , although some of the replies to my post (including mine) strayed a little from the subject of bottles , I was not attempting to turn this forum into a game hunting forum . I'm sorry , if this has upset you or anyone else . Happy bottle hunting , I hope you find some good ones ! [:)]

snake oil

Reaction score
Bearswede , I love it , very nice indeed , I hope I can find something simular at the Baltimore show , for the right price , of course . [;)] Most of mine are smooth base , but I have 4 OP meds so far . One of the nice things about bottle collecting , is that there is something for everyones budget .

flasherr

Reaction score
I cant believe he is getting upset about straying from the topic some. Apparently he is a member who had been around a while but dosnt post often. Just remember you don't have to read all the post on here I know I don't. And unlike other boards my email is not getting flooded with junk. Just my 2 cents worth. happy hunting for what ever your looking for
Brian

IRISH

Reaction score
Threads that wander off topic or evolve into something totaly different are ok here unlike some forums (not pointing fingers or naysaying, I can see the point in some places). As long as the subject a thread turns to is not offensive or rude it's OK, the subject line of this thread is a bit of a warning for those who may be offended by hunting not to open it [;)] .

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Please bear with us snow-bound forum members, we get cabin fever this time of the year and our minds wander away from bottles now and then![8D] By the way, IT'S SNOWING AGAIN!!!! 6-9'' EXPECTED AGHHHHHH.

bearswede

Reaction score
Well put, Irish...

Were you a diplomat in a former life???

As for collecting bottles, it can be as simple or as complex as you make it... The deeper you dig in to it (so to speak), the more connecting threads appear...

The conditions under which the bottles were manufactured, the contents of the bottles and how they were marketed and distributed, the ancient roots of glass production and vessel making, gin and the slave trade... All these topics and more can eventually unearth themselves from the simple act of stumbling upon the neck of a glass bottle protruding from the dappled forest floor while engaged in the time honored tradition of hunting game for the larder...

Personally, I just love the light streaming thru my jewel-like treasures adorning my bay window...

Ay74000.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4