Bottler, Druggist, Insulator-Maker, and Glass Manufacturer Postcards?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Anyone have them? This 1910 post card I picked up because it advertised Schlitz Hotel and Schlitz Beer. Further, it shows "The Owl Drug Co." and another (I cannot yet figure out what it says) Druggist next to the hotel (look at corner-building) Also, it has a sign for a glass company-- although I believe it to be a windows and mirrors company, not a manufacturer of packers. They never colorized portions of it, such as left with buildings and flags, or lower right, or most windows. It's interesting to go from color to grey-scale.
Dixie%2BLand%2B016.JPG
The message on back reads, "If you get a letter for me, hold it. Josh." Other postcards in my collection have more amusing things, such as a Christmas postcard (local [:D]) postmarked after Christmas, or one where the written message is talking about several things, such as a "post-card shower."Some are interesting to try and study, such as why I picked up this ruined one-- what is spilled in the street causing people to sit down and kneel before it?Another thing I like about them is that you get insight into the life of people-- insight you could not otherwise have. Here is the message of one talking about a fishing trip.And with local ones, the then and now is too fun to pass up.I have one that was taken only a few roads away-- of a favorite place.And when you know more than most viewers of them, it's fun to explain to others. I'm not sure about such a jail such this, but back in the day one section was used for the jail, and the other was lived in by the jailer/sheriff's family. We'll blame Goodman here for my extreme but recent interests in postcards.He sent me these as a graduation gift. So, who else here does postcards? Anything related to glass and porcelain?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn