Bottles found in Chesapeake bay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Oyster dredging is a lot different than crabbing or lobster potting, actual bottom silt is being moved to get to oysters
I have a friend in Virginia and this is what they do to find bottles in water. I would like to try one for looking in my local bodies of water.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone finding bottles when oyster fishing but a lot of garbage was thrown into rivers and lakes or nearby and maybe found its way into the water eventually
I know a seller that constantly posts bottle found trolling for oysters in the Chesapeake bay. Usually they are sand blasted but every now and then he gets a good one.
ROBBYBOBBY64

Bottle 2 Rocks

Reaction score
Same down here in Florida there is a guy that hunts mangrove estuaries and nearby areas I believe in the keys and he sells his finds he doesn't want but they are covered with barnacles and such. They have that pirate shipwreck booty type look that some people love.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Same down here in Florida there is a guy that hunts mangrove estuaries and nearby areas I believe in the keys and he sells his finds he doesn't want but they are covered with barnacles and such. They have that pirate shipwreck booty type look that some people love.
Seller on Ebay Southernglass sells barnacle and coral encrusted bottles. Mangroves are a scary place. Getting tangled up in the roots would be my biggest fear.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Bottle 2 Rocks

Reaction score
They put on a bounty hunt for the giant burmese pythons down in the everglades, slopping around in that stuff is not for this kid, I stay on the pavement. Yeah Florida can keep its bottles it has claimed, digging bottles here has severe limitations plus most areas didn't see populous activity until the early 1900's. Was that an alligator I just saw out the side of my eye.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
They put on a bounty hunt for the giant burmese pythons down in the everglades, slopping around in that stuff is not for this kid, I stay on the pavement. Yeah Florida can keep its bottles it has claimed, digging bottles here has severe limitations plus most areas didn't see populous activity until the early 1900's. Was that an alligator I just saw out the side of my eye.
False alarm...just a log!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey