Bottles or Arrowheads ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey JustGlass...

I just bought a book that describes a location on the Conn River that was used every summer by the local native Americans in the 1700's through the early 1800's. How would I choose a place to dive for indian artifacts? I'm sure that the riverbed has changed over the past 150 to 200 years. Any clues you could give me about what to look for, where to look etc would be most helpful.
Thanks,

Wayne

JustGlass

Reaction score
The arrowheads I find in water are only in ankle deep clear water streams. I look for the colored materials (dark flint and light quartz) that the indians used plus rock shapes. I wish I could dive but I concider myself to old to learn new tricks. As for the conn. river if I was going to look for sites and not being a diver I would be looking in plowed corn fields along the shore line. I have looked a couple of fields there and one was a known site but have found little of nothing. I think I was not where the site was but off to one side or the other. Sometimes its hit or miss. From what I have heard the conn river valley is a excellent place to find artifacts and old bottles, I just havnt put much time into looking there but Im sure I will in the near future.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles