Brookfield Insulator

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Brookfield insulators? This is one i found today. Its kinda 7up/emerald greenish, plenty of pot stones, crude and has air bubbles too. Swiz

Attachments

• B5E75A13B8B34657BE13E66C778AD194.jpg
    B5E75A13B8B34657BE13E66C778AD194.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 69

swizzle

Reaction score
I've been doing the online search for about 2 hours now. There's a lot of information about insulators but I'm not finding much about this particular style. I have 2 other Brookfield that I found today that are the petticoat style but this one is a bit more blockish. I'm still looking and forum bouncing. Swiz

swizzle

Reaction score
It appears to be a cd 162.1. But the examples they are showing have the sharp drip points. Mine has a smooth base. Swiz

David Fertig

Reaction score
162.1 They come either smooth or w/ sharp drips.

Anything on the top or the back side?

Dave

swizzle

Reaction score
Nothing on the back. On the top is an OX, the X is really faint. I had to hold it at just the right angle to see it. So is this the one I can retire with or is it a step up from a Hemingray 42? I went back today and grab 3 more shopping bags full of mostly Lynchburgs. Swiz

David Fertig

Reaction score
Okey doke. You've got a CD 162.1 [010] with the following values (based on vvnm):

aqua, dark green aqua = $1
green = $3-5
Emerald green = $5-10
Yellow green = $15-20
Dark olive green = $30-40

I'd say you could probably get a twin to this one at your local insulator show for about $10 based on your pic. It's not the dk. olive grn. one and there are just too many of them around to get top book for one of these. Still beats a clear Hemi-42, though!

Dave

swizzle

Reaction score
WooHoo. I'll sell it at a yard sale so I can pay for the gas to go look for some more. Actually I'm gonna keep this one for my own shelf. I love the color, the pot stones and bubbles and how crude it looks. What's the easiest way to clean the smoke off of these? I've used a whole brillo pad on 3 insulators and they're still not spotless. I did notice that they are 2 toned though. The smoke kept some of the glass protected from the UV and some of the bases are almost clear. I think they look really cool like that and much much better when they're all shined up. Once I do the whole lot I want to do a big group pic in the early morning sun. Swiz

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH