Buy it NOW @$1200....... poison?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpicker

Reaction score
I know the seller. He doesn't need to sell it, trust me on that. He told me that he realizes that 1200 may be a little much to ask in an economy that has clearly crapped out. He said you always list good bottles higher than what you want. He told me that if he gets an offer for $850, he would probably sell it. If he doesn't sell it on ebay, I think he may put it up on Glassworks Auction eventually. I believe he has had offers of $600 and even $700 already. He obviously declined those offers because it is still listed. I have seen both examples he has and they are both very nice. The color is awesome.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: nhpicker

I know the seller. He doesn't need to sell it, trust me on that. He told me that he realizes that 1200 may be a little much to ask in an economy that has clearly crapped out. He said you always list good bottles higher than what you want. He told me that if he gets an offer for $850, he would probably sell it. If he doesn't sell it on ebay, I think he may put it up on Glassworks Auction eventually. I believe he has had offers of $600 and even $700 already. He obviously declined those offers because it is still listed. I have seen both examples he has and they are both very nice. The color is awesome.
sounds you like and the seller might share the same address....[;)]

nhpicker

Reaction score
Maybe....or maybe I just know him. He has been a bottle dealer for a long time & I do live in NH. It is a small state ya know.

peejrey

Reaction score
I looked at 1 page, ONE!!!
Some of those people are out of there minds!!!

nhpicker

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: peejrey

I looked at 1 page, ONE!!!
Some of those people are out of there minds!!!

Huh? ONE page? What are you talking about?[&:]

who is out of their mind?

peejrey

Reaction score
A PinkHams Vegie Compound for $17.00 plus shipping

ANTIQUE BOTTLES 5 MEDICAL VERY OLD LOOKING Enter your bid of 4.99 or more.Bordeux

Wine Bottles 750ml Antique Green 100 cases (it's the shipping that'll get ya) only 999.99 Domestic

Wonderful Antique Chinese Carved Coral Snuff Bottle only 36,000.00 I never really understood japanese snuff bottles though.

Really what i'm saying is i wish people would do more research on these things ya know?

nhpicker

Reaction score
I see what your saying now. Ebay is wacked like that.

peejrey

Reaction score
Now i'm not saying they all over charge.
Still a Bromo with the label and original contents would be nice.
All the label is there too.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I would have thought $600 to $700 was a very fair price for this piece. The market sets the value, and, unless you get two local collectors who simply HAVE to have this bottle, I'm guessing he's about tapped it at $700.

I know of a particular cobalt VT pharmacy (it's a rare one and not many of them) that someone has offered $500 for. It was refused because the collector doesn't want to sell. It's not nearly as fancy as this piece (it's tiny sample size Dr. Waugh Homeopath, iirc from St. Johnsbury, it comes in clear, amber and cobalt, being one of VERY few embossed cobalt VT meds). But it's probably equivalent in rarity, and it's not in the near future going to be worth $1000.

Jim G

nhpicker

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: saratogadriver

I would have thought $600 to $700 was a very fair price for this piece. The market sets the value, and, unless you get two local collectors who simply HAVE to have this bottle, I'm guessing he's about tapped it at $700.

I know of a particular cobalt VT pharmacy (it's a rare one and not many of them) that someone has offered $500 for. It was refused because the collector doesn't want to sell. It's not nearly as fancy as this piece (it's tiny sample size Dr. Waugh Homeopath, iirc from St. Johnsbury, it comes in clear, amber and cobalt, being one of VERY few embossed cobalt VT meds). But it's probably equivalent in rarity, and it's not in the near future going to be worth $1000.

Jim G

I agree Jim. In this economy there is almost no way it will get $1000. I do know that back in 2007 when he dug them he was getting offers of $900-$1200. That was before the US went bust in 2008. Honestly, I think he is just fishing for someone with deep enough pockets. He really doesn't care if he sells it or not.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter