BUYER BEWARE, MARBLE SCAMMER / EBAY POLICY VIOLATION!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NyDigger1

Reaction score
I recently sold a lot of marbles to seller: johnson4252

Do not buy from her / sell to her!

I sent her the 300 marbles she purchased, wrapped them individually like she asked. She then argued with me that I overcharged the shipping by 2 dollars. It took me 2 days to explain to her that I need $2 for tracking number / wrapping supplies. She finally paid. I wrapped each and every marble individually as the buyer had asked which took me 3 days. I sent the marbles.

2 weeks later I get a message saying that shes unsatisfied and wants immediate refund. I asked her why as she did not say in her original message. She said that the marbles were well packed but all smashed / cracked. I told her, "you mentioned yourself that the marbles were well wrapped so dont accuse me of breaking them, it must have happened in transit in the hands of the p/o which isnt my fault. Before we move any further please send me a picture of the damaged marbles to this email"

She didnt. She opened a case with ebay right away. They said she had two weeks for a return, which violated my policy of 7 days return. She kept slandering me in ebay messages and I kept ignoring her. I responded to the case stating the situation saying that in my pictures there was no damage, the buyer herself said they are well wrapped. I told ebay that I had presented clear evidence that this wasnt my fault but the buyer did not even send me a single picture which proves shes lying.

Guess who won the case? Ebay sided with the buyer, blocked me from calling to complain, stating that I should have charged $18.00 insurance at my own expense, not the seller's so that it doesnt happen again. They said that I hired the p/o to send the package so it is my fault whatever happens in transit. I basically told ebay customer service to **** off after 4 hours of arguments and being transfered all the way up to the head of ebay customer service. Just because ebay has buyer protection doesnt mean the buyer is right all of the time. Why is there no seller protection?

So bottom line, she said I will send you back the marbles within the deadline, and I quote "wrapped as well as you had originally done".

I get the marbles on the 10th day of the deadline, open the package, see that she lied and did not wrap them separately but in clumps, found that partially the marbles werent the ones I sold her / she picked the best ones out for herself and replaced them with hammer smashed junk marbles in bits. I tried contacting ebay and they told me too bad. Now im out $60, lost some of the best marbles I had for sale, the seller got away with a scam, ebay didnt do S*** and took her word for everything even though I had clear evidence that she was lying. Ebay then proceeded to forcefully refund her by taking the money out of my paypal without refunding me the seller fees which was another $4.

The buyer has a marble reselling business so thats why she scammed me over. Now she will most surely leave negative feedback and theres nothing I could do.

The screwed up thing about ebay is that I called the first day the case opened and asked what would happen if it were deemed that the broken marbles (which werent broken, she was only claiming they were) wasnt my fault. The representative said "then neither you would have to give a refund, nor the buyer would lose out, ebay would cover the difference because these things happen."

When the case closed they said that the rep told me wrong and that it was too bad for me. Ebay policies are a load of crap for sellers and I will surely never sell to her again.

NyDigger1

Reaction score
Here is a lot shes selling containing some of my marbles which she kept for herself:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130-Vintage-WV-Christensen-Agate-Jabo-Oxblood-Slag-Vitro-Peltier-Antique-Marbles-/271032608263?pt=Marbles&hash=item3f1acd6607#ht_500wt_1203

epackage

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it Mike, personally I would buy something from her and wait until the last day to leave a horrible feedback if she did this to you...but that's just me being me...[;)]

Good Luck, hopefully she doesn't leave negative since she got the refund, if she does call Ebay and complain...

AlexD

Reaction score
Geez! That's awful! Any idea her name? If she's scamming you, you might be able to contact a local court. You'd probably get your money back and maybe your marbles as well. She not only broke an eBay law but a real law as well. It's not always the right thing to do, but it would help! If you still have the marbles she sent, the before picture (on eBay), the PO reciept, and her listing. She lied, stole your money, etc. It's only fair!

splante

Reaction score
I just reported the item as being suspect and a fradulant listing, they dont give you an option to leave a remark or I would of told ebay that they were scammed and stolen from another ebay member. But if more then one members "report the item" ebay usally takes it down.The report option is on the listing. One way to get back at him/her.

AlexD

Reaction score
PS: If nothing else works and I win the auction I can give them back to you. And leave her bad feedback[;)][:D]

NyDigger1

Reaction score
thanks alex thats kind of you but please dont bid on them, I dont want to tangle this up more than it is, I let it go but I just posted so that everyone knew what kind of person she is

edndlm

Reaction score
You can file a mail fraud complaint with the post office . It won't probably do anything , but at least they'll have her on file . You can also reference the fraud complaint in future ebay correspondence , so it looks more official.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26