BUYER BEWARE, MARBLE SCAMMER / EBAY POLICY VIOLATION!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey, don't mention it Mike, I find fraud like this to be particularly offensive, and any effort that helps clean the scum from eBay is well worth it as a collective good. It could have just as easily been me getting scammed.

Hope you get some results, please keep us updated.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Also, if you check the items purchased in the last 30 days by this POS, they are your marbles and the box of jewelry. Nothing else purchased or bid on...

That's a 100% scam rate. Pretty damn bad stuff right there. [:mad:]

NyDigger1

Reaction score
thanks again plumbata

so, I called up ebay, talked to customer service, showed them the other instance where she had done the same thing, the case which plumbata had shown me, and explained why she did it. She has a marble reselling business, i mentioned that she has a listing at the moment containing some of my marbles.

The ebay rep asked how many out of the 300 would you say that she smashed / switched? and are the rest in ok condition?

I said yes, the rest are in ok condition but the switched ones, about 50, werent, they were smashed, broken.

He told me ebay would refund me $15, the value of the 50 that arent mine, and raise an appeal case to get her kicked off of ebay.

He also said im free to relist the remainder of the marbles. I will let everyone know when updated (sometime next week) of her probable removal from ebay.

msleonas

Reaction score
This is her bio:
"What everyone should know about me
I am an honest person who would like to get started on ebay on a part time basis. Look forward to selling to you and your neighbors many items that have been left to me from generations."

And her favorite book:

"Favorite Books
Bible"

Her return policy, which is kind of ironic:

Return policy
"I will accept returns within 7 days as long as package has not been tampered with in any way or broken thank you very much."

Pretty lame.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Yeah Leona I saw all that, it made me want to punch her in the face, and I ain't the fighting type.

Mike, that is awesome! If ebay actually does something about it then it will be a splendid victory for sellers everywhere. Ballads praising the accomplishment will be sung by sellers for centuries to come. [:D]

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
As a 40 year veteran of the bottle hobby, this kind of activity really worries me. I have bought and sold bottles via the P.O. for 40 years, and NEVER has the thought of doing anything like this crossed my mind. Makes one wonder what kind of people are out there.
At the same time, I say FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT. Never give up, or in, until you win. These people depend on decent people like us giving up.
I have fought one battle for nearly 20 years, and won. The vegetation is cut, the garbage and vehicles gone, cesspool replaced..........if I had given up, they would still be stripping cars in the front yard, the vegetation would be 10 feet high, and sewerage would still puddle in the street.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen