BUYER BEWARE, MARBLE SCAMMER / EBAY POLICY VIOLATION!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this, Mike. What an abject excuse for a human being. These kinds of horror stories about eBay's suckass "screw the seller" policies are exactly why I almost never sell anything there anymore. I don't have the right personality to deal with such scumbaggery in a peaceful and civil manner. I've been fortunate in never having to deal with anything like this as a seller, but I'll chalk that up to dumb luck. There are too many of these genetic rejects out there, and eBay makes it too easy for them to commit blatant theft and fraud with little risk of any consequences.

I may not ever bother to list anything on eBay again. Just in case I do, this joker has been added to my blocked bidder list. ~Jim

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
eBay is becoming such a pain! I wish their was a better outlet for to buy and sell this stuff.

Lordbud

Reaction score
I have never had any bad dealings on ebay on this level of misanthropism. Sorry to hear such nonsense is going on.

TROG

Reaction score
This is their description of the marbles

THIS AUCTION IS FOR 130 MARBLES! I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE I AM NOT AN EXPERT I WILL LET THE BUYER MAKE THEIR OWN DECISION AS TO WHAT THEY ARE! SEVERAL ARE AROUND 5/8THS INCHES AND SMALLER IN MINT TO NEAR MINT CONDITION! SOME MARBLES ARE A LITTLE LARGER AROUND 1 INCHES! I DO GIVE SHIPPING DISCOUNTS IF YOU BID ON MORE THAN ONE LOT PLEASE WAIT FOR UPDATED INVOICE! THANKS FOR LOOKING AT THIS GREAT AUCTION AND GOOD LUCK BIDDING! ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK! DELIVERY CONFIRMATION IS INCLUDED!!!
If they know nothing about them and are not an expert how did they come up with the main listing heading
130 Vintage WV Christensen Agate Jabo Oxblood Slag Vitro Peltier Antique Marbles

Plumbata

Reaction score
Wow that is horrible!

I poked around and found that this piece of trash did the same thing to another seller.

This is the item:
Huge jewelry lot grab bag all new medium flat rate box FULL many name brands

Check out the most recent neutral feedback.

I messaged the seller with this:

Hello,

I wanted to contact you regarding your recent dealings with the user "johnson4252" who bought a mystery box of jewelry from you, then returned it with items stolen (as indicated in the feedback).

Well, a fellow I know sold this person a big lot of marbles:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=261066680149&si=Hgrw8XHyzR3RCQKOqfYAnVuRgbs%253D&viewitem=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

And she pulled the same scam on him; strong-arming a refund claiming that the marbles were cracked/smashed in shipping... and returning only what she didn't want. When the guy got the parcel back it had junk marbles swapped out for good ones and actually contained hammer-smashed junk marble shards...

Anyway, I figured that you should know that your unfortunate ordeal is not an isolated incident; this woman is a criminal fraudster. But of course, eBay in it's infinite wisdom says the customer is always right...

Best Regards,

Stephen

Plumbata

Reaction score
Here's the reply. Very interesting.

Good morning Stephen,

Thank you so much for your email regarding "johnson4252". I've been selling for almost six years and I have to say, she is one of most evil buyers/sellers out there.

Not only did she scam me but she also left me bad stars ratings which led to me losing my seller discounts. Even after me giving her a full refund! So basicly costing me an extra $50 - $70 more each month in fees. I will never offer a return policy again, EVER. Everything is now final sale/no returns in my store. This brings out scammers in my experience.

She rigged the box to appear that it had busted in shipping but she didn't fool me. When I carfully removed the duct tape she used to tape up the "so called" busted place in the lower side of the box, all that was under the tape was a 2 inch neatly cut slice(like you would see with a box cutter). The box was in perfect shape other than that. The way that I packed the box it would have been impossible for jewelry to come out of a two inch slice like that. I always layer several pieces of tissue paper in the boxes plus pack the gift boxed items in the bottom. All the gift boxed items were larger than two inches. Also another reason I KNOW she rigged this is that only really nice high end jewelry items were missing. What would the odds be that they could all slip out of that 2" slice in that one small corner of the box like that? It was a medium flat rate size box. Hmmmmm...

Well, the best thing to do for your friend is to call ebay and turn her in like I did. I called and told them that they needed to watch out for her because she was a fraud/scammer. They told me that they made a note of it on her account and if they saw a pattern of this that they would take steps needed to remove her from buying/selling. Here's ebay phone number 1-866-495-3229 (they make it kind-of hard to find) lol.

Thank you again for contacting me. I hope your friend turns her in because she needs to be stopped.

Hope you have a good day!

Jenny

- remow1804

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AlexD

PS: If nothing else works and I win the auction I can give them back to you. And leave her bad feedback[;)][:D]
Or damage the box, smash a few, switch out the nice ones, and demand a refund...
Just kidding. You don't want to stoop to that level but it is fun to think about.

NyDigger1

Reaction score
plumbata I cant thank you enough for doing this, Im going to call ebay later today and expose her whole scam.

HH Mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26