BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
BUYER BEWARE?I'm watching two separate feebay auctions for what I thought at first were each a different ANGELS BREWERY hutchinson. Both auctions have many images for their bottles, but...
...both auctions are using different views of the same bottle. All the bubbles are in identical places, all bubbles are identical in size, and all bubbles are identical in shape.
Two auctions for the same bottle?

Questioned the seller, but have no reply as of yet. See for yourself. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scarce-Angels-Camp-Cal-Brewing-Soda-Works-Hutchinson-Bottle-E-F-Hubler-1890s-/221490935609?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3391e37739 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Angels-Brewery-And-Soda-Works-E-F-Hubler-Prop-/221490948621?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3391e3aa0d

botlguy

Reaction score
I received a reply from the seller after I sent a question and both bottles / auctions have been terminated. What does this tell you? Be proactive not reactive. This, to me, was clearly a scam. Thanks Bruce for bringing this to our attention. I never would have seen it and someone would have been scammed. Jim

utility man

Reaction score
I commend both of you for looking out for your fellow collectors! Collectors such as yourselves are what make this hobby so great.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
The seller sent two replies to my inquiry: 1) I'm so sorry I have to take my listing off, I put two posts of the same bottle. I'm an idiot and apologize for wasting your time. 2) I screwed up, I've been looking at the listings for days. I'm an idiot. I have five really similar bottles and I must have taken pictures of the same bottle twice on different days. I apologize for my stupidity!! And for wasting yours and everyone else's time! Looks like it was an honest mistake. We'll see if they re-list as BOTH auctions were ended, which seems odd as you would think they would only need to end one auction to correct the mistake? They must not be a bottle person, those are the smartest of peoples!!!

botlguy

Reaction score
I was VERY harsh with the seller, who is apparently a woman, and she was VERY apologetic to me after at first being quite defensive. I now believe I was TOO harsh, we may never see that bottle on eBay. She seemed genuinely sorry so my advise, even though unasked for, is: BE NICE, at least at first. I will take my own advise. [:eek:] Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229