C.J. Dresen Muskegon Michigan Blob Beer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stephanie3265

Reaction score
Let me correct that he was my Great Grandpa. His son Joe was my Grandpa.

I do have I think two bottles. My grandpa had a few he passed on to his kids and I was able to locate one at a local Antique store. I have never seen a clear bottle like the one in the picture above!

He did own a Saloon/Brewery. I have a photo of him standing inside the doorway of a building in Downtown Muskegon with another man. The sign above them says "Dresen and Hoos". Pretty neat old photo. Unfortunately I don't know a terrible lot about him. My grandpa passed away when I was young and my grandma didn't know him that well. After the Saloon closed he opened up a coal company that my Grandpa ran for years after. All I really have are old photos, some old stories from my grandma, an old article about him from the historical society and things I could find about him in the library.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
Is their any chance you would be able to post some of the pictures? Many of us here like to see the photos that go along with the history. Chance are if he had a partner, he had a bottle with different embossing such as "Dresen and Hoos brewery" or something along those lines.
Its not very often we get the chance to find photos of brewers or breweries that we have not seen before. This is all very important in the history of our country.

sscokebottles

Reaction score
I think all of the bottles/products affected under the 1906 FEDERAL Act are imprinted as such, "In Accordance with..., OR Under the FDA of 1906, etc..." . I have never seen that EMBOSSED on a bottle, have you?

I have.

xMGi77i.jpg

A lot of the crown top Vernor's bottles made in the early 1900's/ Teens are embossed with "GUARANTEED UNDER THE FOOD AND DRUGS ACT JUNE 30th 1906 No 1248".
They're very common bottles and you can always find a clean one in an antique store for less than $5 in Central and Eastern Mich. The only "rare" ones I think exist are the BIMs made by the Coshocton Glass Company (which is the one I think I have) around the 1910's or so. Even then, they are extremely easy to come across.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've seen lots of old Vernors bottles & not I have not seen to many with that 1906 statement, I see much more with out it. Tough (or tougher) with that statement in my opinion. LEON.

Stephanie3265

Reaction score
Charles is the man in the middle. Not sure about the other two men. This was on Western Avenue in downtown Muskegon. Sometime after the Saloon closed, a hotel was built on the site. When they were demolishing the hotel they unearthed some more Dresen Beer Bottles.

54AE27DC9AF94867ACCAA6C730C76991.jpg

Attachments

• 54AE27DC9AF94867ACCAA6C730C76991.jpg
    54AE27DC9AF94867ACCAA6C730C76991.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 90

sandchip

Reaction score
Some cool signage on that storefront. Especially like those curved ones on the columns. Those in the panels across the bottom are tough to letter, being difficult to get positioned to pull a stroke with your brush. Thanks for sharing, Stephanie.

sandchip

Reaction score
Anybody notice the bottle looking thing to the left of "WINES"? Would hit at about the knees of the men standing there, so it's probably around 2 ft. tall.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1