Campin Trip!!!! WooHooo

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Its that time of year again. Time to give the forum some peace and quiet for a day or 2. I'm leaving for my camping trip in about 10 minutes. I'll keep my eyeballs open for cellar holes and stone walls along the trail. Priorities ya know. Have fun everyone. I know I will. Swiz [:)][&:][8D][8|][:D][:D][:D][8D][:)]

kwalker

Reaction score
Nothin like setting out on a camping adventure in the summertime. Have a great time and don't forget to look in creeks too! [:D]

Stardust

Reaction score
Have bunches of fun. I'm going fishing and can't wait to look around for bottles around the water. WooHooo too!!! [;)] ~

swizzle

Reaction score
Wowzers. I feel like I survived a weekend. The first camping trip was a good time. Me and 2 of my buddies, a lake and a kayak. I'll have video and pics of that trip.

The second trip was a family trip right out of the back of the car. Threw my back out just bending down wrong to hook my beagle up to his run. Been sore as hell ever since. I'll have pics of that trip as well. All in all a good time. Swiz

swizzle

Reaction score
Ok, here's some pics of my first trip to Woods Lake in the Adirondacks. These are taken from my buddies kayak. I was on the water for a half hour or so before they even got out of bed. Its always nice to be the first one out on the water. Well these will get ya started.

Future Fish Habitat
Picture183.jpg

Man these things will grow on top of anything.
Picture198.jpg

I decided to follow the arrows. This one lead me to....
Picture174.jpg

...this sweet little reflection.
Picture182.jpg

How about a few different views of the landscape?
Picture170.jpg

another
Picture163.jpg

The little hills in the back are the 3 Sisters mountains.
Picture155.jpg

Tried to get Artsy Fartsy with my camera work. I couldn't get the camera to focus and the lighting was off. The color of the deep green moss and the skyline was a lot better then this pic.
Picture173.jpg

Speaking of moss this is a close up on land.
Picture157.jpg

Put one of these on your pizza.
Picture154.jpg

Back to the 'Yak and the traffic started to pick up. I even managed to pick up a hitch hiker.
Picture211.jpg

One for the ladies. These are a member of the Iris family called the Larger Blue Flag.
Picture213.jpg

Here's a close up with an unlikely pollinator.
Picture218.jpg

Sometimes it pays to read the signs and follow the arrows in life.
http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/swizzlenutz/?action=view&current=Picture166.mp4

I hope you've enjoyed at least one of my pics and I'll be adding more shortly. Have a great evening. Swiz

swizzle

Reaction score
Hey myersdiggers1998 the 3 Sisters are in the Southern ADK. They're not a part of the ADK 46. If they were then I would have attacked them already. Woods Lake is a small lake/large pond next to Little Cathead Mt. I heard that they opened up the trail to the fire tower on Cathead. Its been shut down for a few years over a land dispute. I've been up there before and on a clear day you can see the high peaks.

Mr. Fred, I'm glad you've enjoy the journey so far. Its about to get a little better.

I kayaked past the 2 guardians to get a close up of this lodge. Turn up the volume and listen closely. There's life under that stucko mud castle. It be the Flat Tail Dam Rats kits a mewin' inside.
http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/swizzlenutz/?action=view&current=Picture180.mp4

and for my next trick I feed a wild Adirondack bull. Had two of them eating out of my hand.
http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/swizzlenutz/?action=view&current=Picture222.mp4

Ok so they are just wild Bullhead but how often can you hand feed a wild critter of any kind. This is it for my Woods Lake post. Up next is my Hope Falls Family Trip. I hope you enjoy. Swiz

swizzle

Reaction score
RE: Campin Trip!!!! Hope Falls Family Trip!!

At the very start of this trip we were in the process of pulling out our gear. I was helping my wifey hook our pure bred mutt up to his lead when I musta bent and twisted wrong. Threw my back out lickity split. That was Friday afternoon and I'm still in pain. Well anyways here's the guilty party.

Picture233.jpg

I didn't get a chance to take the hike up to Hope Falls but I did get a pic of the river where we stayed.

Picture245.jpg

My bottle diggin' partner seems to have trouble putting his britches on the right way.

Picture225.jpg

Here's my boyz chillin' by the early morning flamage. Had to scrape the ash and trash out and rebuild one of the crappiest fire rings I've ever seen. I think I did a decent job rebuilding it with nothing but ash and stone.
Picture235.jpg

Another one for the ladies. This is a member of the Orchid family. Its called a Purple Fringed Orchis. This is actually a very poor example of this beauty. They are usually in clusters of 15 to 20 orchids on a flower spike. Its a poor pic too. Its tough taking pics of small flowers on tall stems in the wind.
Picture251.jpg

Tree Frogs are awesome.
Picture263.jpg

This is an Adirondack Whatchalookinat!!
Picture264.jpg

I believe other then a short relaxation type video that I'm working on that this is all for now. I hope you all enjoy my pics and videos and have a great summer. Swiz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday