Campin Trip!!!! WooHooo

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
RE: Campin Trip!!!! Hope Falls Family Trip!!

Super nice pics Swiz....Cool vids too,...Glad you were able to get away and have a good time! You earned it. Go easy on the old back. Thanks for taking the time to share your trip.

cobaltbot

Reaction score

Very sweet photolog. Love going camping, someday hope to get to the Ads and check out where my Horse Shoe Forestry Jar came from. Also thru hiking the AT is a dream I hope to try one day. Getting back to nature is great!

swizzle

Reaction score

The lake we were on is going to be a part of the Northville, Lake Placid Trail re-route. They are adding 12 miles of trail to that section. There is also plans in the works for 3 to 4 new lean-to's and a 70 foot suspension bridge. I'm hoping to get in on a few of the lean-to builds and some of the trail building. Part of the re-route meets up with an old tote road. I believe it dates to the early 1800's so I'll definitely be on the look out for stone walls and cellar holes. I can't wait to start hiking the new trails. I've hiked most of the southern ADK. I love new adventures. Thanx for the positive comments everyone and happy camping or digging. Whichever you'll be doing next. Swiz [:)][8D][&:][:D]

RedGinger

Reaction score

Fantastic pictures, Swiz. It looks like a lot of fun! I've never seen one of those mushrooms before! Really cool. Take care of your back. It's scary how the most seemingly ordinary things can really hurt your back, neck, etc.

Stardust

Reaction score

Wonderful pics ~ I almost felt like I was there ~ Thank you so much ~ I loved camping with my little ones ~ I've even pulled my back out because of my dog ~

Learned this little natural treatment ~
For your back or any pulled muscle you can try this: It can't hurt unless your allergic to flour and vinegar. Warning, it is messy. Make a mixture of flour and vinegar. Stir it well. Have someone apply it to the pulled muscle area and put on a heavy paste. Do it just before laying down for the night. It will get hard like a cast and be messy so throw on an old shirt and pants that you don't care about if the mixture gets on. Leave on overnight. Most people feel much improvement in the morning ~ [;)] Wash it off in the shower. I use Apple Cider Vinegar.

I hope you feel better tomorrow ~

swizzle

Reaction score

Thanx for the advice. I woke up feeling better this morning. Even at work all day I felt decent. The ride home got me again but at least I feel better then I did yesterday so I know I'm heading in the right direction. One or 2 more good nights and I should be as good as new. As sore as I am I still want to go diggin today. Does that mean I'm obsessed? [8|][:)][:D][8D]

RedGinger

Reaction score

Go swimming. Maybe snorkeling for bottles? It'll make your back feel better, at least temporarily. We went swimming, briefly this Summer and it was heavenly. Joe said it's the best feeling there is. I can't wait to go swimming again. Hopefully, canoeing or walking soon, as the water is down here and I want to get to those arrowheads and bottles!

rockbot

Reaction score

I love the out doors. Nice pics and very beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday