can you identify these? any idea on value?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
Hey guys, any idea on value for these?

The first is an iron pontilled blob squat. RC&T on the front, XX on the back.

The second is a torpedo that says BERLIN BOSTON on the front.

SQUAT1.jpg

SQUAT2.jpg

SQUAT3.jpg

TORP1.jpg

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Dave,

First off, welcome to these pages. You have a couple of nice bottles there.I'm not a good valuation guy. I always liked the XX, and XXX bottles, personally. Your RC&T is very graphicly pleasing. What's the bottom look like?

I found a reference to a Puce RC&T on Will Martindale's site. Too durn bad it's not puce!

What is the figural embossing on the Berlin? Is that a Maltese Cross and ______? I've always been a sucker for torpedos.

roundbottomsoda.jpg

"The bottle pictured above is a Berlin Mineral Water (Boston, MA.) that likely dates from the 1880s as it has an applied blob finish and evidences no mold air venting. Click round bottom soda to view a picture of this entire bottle. The majority of these type bottles found in the United States were imported from Great Britain and frequently embossed with company names and cities from England and Ireland - Belfast being a very common point of origin. However, some were - like the bottle pictured - either made in the United States or made overseas for U.S. bottlers. They were advertised in the catalogs of U. S. bottle makers during the early 20th century as "Round Bottom Ginger Ale" bottles (Illinois Glass Co. 1903, 1908, 1911)." Photo text and a tremendous amount more at Bill Lindsey's great site.

Did you dig these two? Tell us more, man. Unleash some photos too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers