Canada's rarest Coca-Cola hobble skirt... The D19

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
As for value I seemed to think generally the D19's in top condition with little case wear or chips are worth around $200 Cad. This example sold in May 2016 for $145 USD ($185cad) quite a bit of case wear on it....it is mold #9....and definitely a nice green tone on it.
It is thought that the D19 was around for just a short time period...1-2 years, but my theory is they were out a bit longer, probably till about 1924...that was the year that the Coca-Cola Co. became Coca-Cola Company of Canada Limited, and that was then placed on the bottles around that time.
Coke D19 mold number 9.jpgCoke D19 mold number 9-2.jpg

I cant seem to find many post 1924 bottles but did find one that sold in April 2016 for $85 USD ($110cad) by Consumers glass. I have this bottle posted a few comments back but mine is pre 1924 as it has the blank space, the Consumers glass examples are quite different from the Dominion glass examples.
So this bottle would fall into the 1924-1931 period.....I have not seen any by Dominion glass.....that I can remember.

post 1924 Coke-consumers glass-1.jpgpost 1924 Coke-consumers glass-3.jpg
post 1924 Coke-consumers glass-2.jpg

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
You gota love it when you get an upgrade!......I found this gem pictured on the left a while back when I was rooting through boxes out at Granny and Grumpa's Antiques....I was surprised that I missed it from previous trips.

D19 mold #6.....no patent year...pre 1924.
20160813_091909.jpg

tsims

Reaction score
I picked up a Green Coke bottle hobbleskirt today but it has "TradeMark" only under the Coca Cola script, nothing at all on bottom of bottle and says 40 (diamond shape) then 52 about 2 inches up from bottom. Any thoughts out there would be appreciated. Usually the bottles say trademark registered and have a year on bottom of bottle.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I picked up a Green Coke bottle hobbleskirt today but it has "TradeMark" only under the Coca Cola script, nothing at all on bottom of bottle and says 40 (diamond shape) then 52 about 2 inches up from bottom. Any thoughts out there would be appreciated. Usually the bottles say trademark registered and have a year on bottom of bottle.
Could you post a picture? Hard to guess what its origin might be without knowing what it looks like.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Sounds like you are describing an American Coke form 1952....it's probably not a Diamond, and is most certainly not a Canadian diamond D coke.
But yes a photograph would tell the tale.
I went and checked my bottles and I have the same bottle from one year before, 1951...I believe it's from Owens-Illinois Glass Co. and that logo does
have a diamond in it, but also the letter I through the middle....this logo is some what distorted, and from the logo table I can't see what else it would be.
1650609108530.jpeg

1650608570734.jpeg

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Sounds like you are describing an American Coke form 1952....it's probably not a Diamond, and is most certainly not a Canadian diamond D coke.
But yes a photograph would tell the tale.
I went and checked my bottles and I have the same bottle from one year before, 1951...I believe it's from Owens-Illinois Glass Co. and that logo does
have a diamond in it, but also the letter I through the middle....this logo is some what distorted, and from the logo table I can't see what else it would be.
View attachment 236386

View attachment 236385
Does yours have a city on the bottom? I don't remember seeing one like that before, although I don't come across that many US Cokes.

Canadacan

Reaction score
I wonder if these were meant for overseas use, maybe in one of the US territories in the Pacific? Or for a non-US country which ordered its bottles from a US supplier?
Apparently made for Armed forces service personal. Mine came from the Glass Castle on Vancouver Island....they had many US bottles used to build it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH