Can't see other forum members' Attachment pictures!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BarbaraInCalif

Reaction score
Why won't many of the attached pictures from other folks' posts load onto my computer?!
All I end up seeing is the dreaded red X where the photo is supposed to be. Even if I click the "Attachment" link and try to get it that way.
I haven's been able to see any of Jamie's cathedral bottles...so sad.

Help please!

bearswede

Reaction score
I haven's been able to see any of Jamie's cathedral bottles...so sad.

Since you can see my photos, I copied one of Jamies and am posting here to see if it shows up for you...

Ron

CF4D9B43E78D4E80A387BAADC1FAC328.jpg

Attachments

• CF4D9B43E78D4E80A387BAADC1FAC328.jpg
    CF4D9B43E78D4E80A387BAADC1FAC328.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 70

bearswede

Reaction score
Maybe... I don't really know... PM Woody...He may be able to help you with it...

Ron

bearswede

Reaction score
I tried reducing it to suggested parameters...

336C60553D6A43B29EED1649ED570888.jpg

Attachments

• 336C60553D6A43B29EED1649ED570888.jpg
    336C60553D6A43B29EED1649ED570888.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 73

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Do you have a really slow (dial-up) internet connection? Your broswer may be timing out trying to load the images.

You may also have your browser security settings set to not download files like images.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I was tending to agree with Gunther...but I just cranked up my security setting in my Internet properties and it still loaded, in both IE and Firefox....
Could be another piece of software, like anti-virus/internet security software that may have even tougher restrictions that the defaults in Windows. Of course, I'm using XP SP3, so the actions of other versions of windows may be different than mine.
It does sound like a restriction on loading images from remote servers (ie. one other than the domain your currently recieving the web page from) I know thats a common security option for email clients.

So, first step, remove all security policies/applications and try it again. If the images appear, enable them back one at a time and check to see if the pages still load right or if the images get blocked again. It can be a slow process, depeinding on how much you have to turn back on.

surfaceone

Reaction score
DSC00449.jpg

Hey Barbara,

You could try Visine. It didn't work for Jesse, but ya never know.

You could get a mac. We get a little blue box with a "?", when the image won't load. Here's hoping you get it resolved quickly. There's great stuff being loaded like crazy...

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Just to expand on this a bit, I had a similar problem a while ago with my CA firewall. Some websites with pulldowns didn't work right, they froze or wouldn't respond to me trying to view the pulldowns (only the pulldowns didn't work, the rest of the page was fine). It came to be that my firewall was blocking the content of the pulldown. Now I didn't know why this would have any baring, it was allowing me to view the web page to begin with. Anyway, I added that site to my Trusted Sites list with no restrictions and the problem went away. You may have to add this site as a trusted site to your firewall.

capsoda

Reaction score
Jamie might have his Double Naught Spy security setting on. He got it with a decoder ring in a box of Cracker Jacks.[;)]

Like Matt said check your security settings. They can cause you all kinds of grief if they are not properly set or set too high. Mine gave me a lot of trouble when I first joined the forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter