Carlisle, Pa squats

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PA Will

Reaction score
Hey Digger Don
I did a little "diggin" at the Cumberland Co Historical society and a curator there turned up some info proving it is the same GW Brandt from Carlisle who was in business in Columbia with Smedley. They also made rakes. My dad actually took down the Brandts log house back in the early 70's and built his work shop out of it. Brandtsville is on the Yellow Breeches creek near Williams Grove Speedway.

I'm currently working on cataloging my collection n going to cross ref it against 3 other killer Carlisle collections to get a list of know variants.

So many bottles. So little space : )

PASodas

Reaction score
The GWBrandt from Carlisle also shows a strong resemblence to the slugplated CPfahler of York in shape, color, era and there is a Dyottville porter as well. They obviously used the same glasshouse though I think there may be some family ties. I found an early census from York where a 70 yr old Brandt female was living in the same household as a mid-40s Christian Pfahler and wife/kids if my memory is correct. I think the Pfahler residence was in Dillsburg (N York Co) and Brandtsville lies between Dillsburg and Carlisle. Though I haven't heard confirmation whether the "C" in Pfahler refers to Christian, his brother Charles, or his wife Catherine. I'm typing from memory here so don't quote me on the specifics.

Here's a blue-green version of the slugplated Pfahler though I've seen it more often in the emerald green:

A0A5AD56322C4A14B4D4CE6B05745BA5.gif

Attachments

• A0A5AD56322C4A14B4D4CE6B05745BA5.gif
    A0A5AD56322C4A14B4D4CE6B05745BA5.gif
    130.7 KB · Views: 80

PA Will

Reaction score
Very cool. Dillsburg has a nice tavern being restored there. Dave mentioned that the pits may be under the st tho : (
I think Dave & I both know the guy who is the driving force of the restoration. I bet he would know of any bottles found on the grounds.

digger don

Reaction score
Just noticed this post. I thought Brandt had both business at the same time. Thanks for the info Pa Will .

bjsbottle

Reaction score
I have a clear 6oz Soda water bottle Harrisburg, Pa on the bottom PAT DES on the bottom 70281

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baumbers