Carol Worner Bottle For Sale!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I will be more than happy to recant any insults I made about your posts when I see you post a couple of your own bottles (not for sale) or make a donation to the forum. Sorry I dont know you personally so I can only judge you by your actions.

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
It's a bottle it's folk art he joined up and posted so what if his first post and maybe only posts are for sale .
It's a free world. why ?? bash the guy? He may come across some killer collection we can all benifit from.? Seems to me we all have to start someplace. There's some pretty dumb stuff posted to this site all the time that has no connection to a bottles what so ever.. This is the reason so many people aviod this site.. go ahead and bash my typing spelling etc. kick me off whatever.. try being friendly once in a while and see where it gets you..

surfaceone

Reaction score
Wow...sorry. Didn't know these forums were so mean and insulting. We just have an awesome item IF someone was interested. One buyer offered $1,000, then $1,500 and then was going to talk to his wife and offer $2,000, but we got an offer of $2,200. So the first gentlemen is talking to his wife about $2,500. The seller wanting $3,000 is not out of the question. These are highly collectible but to the RIGHT person, so please do not be so insulting.

Hello Kelly,

I must have missed the part where you were insulted. You are a merchant and some sort of electronic auctioneer it seems.

I would imagine that you've had potential customers question your pricing in the past. Certainly not insulting to my way of thinking.

I'm not so sure what the auctioneer's handbook on ethics would say about discussing previous offers, the seller's bottomline price, etc. on an open forum on the internet, before the sale takes place...

Do I understand that the piece is both unsigned and undated? Where are you getting this:

"He hopped train to train (often referred to as a "Hobo") throughout many states and often frequented bars for a good drink and cigar." bit of nonsense?

I believe the above is unsupported by both fact and the prevailing wisdom on Mr.Worner.

This was not amongst your eplace links: http://www.cowansauctions.com/auctions/item.aspx?ItemId=81672

nor this: http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/ROOTS/1999-04/108701

Please discontinue the feigned umbrage at misperceived "insults."

4420989789_9448b3714c_z.jpg

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for posting. To be honest, as a bottle collector I see a $10 bottle with a quality piece of artwork inside. I think these pieces don't have a lot of appeal to bottle collectors, but they have a lot of appeal to collectors of folk art and Americana.
I once bought a very rare local medicine bottle with a wooden sawhorse inside. I had to break some pieces of it to get the darn thing out, and while I still have the pieces, all I cared about was the bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology