Carter Master Ink & Butler Blacking

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

idigjars

Reaction score
Hi to all. Found these at the bottle show last weekend.

I collect Carter cone inks mostly but couldn't pass up this little Carter master ink my buddy Tony had to go with the Carter cones. It is 5" tall and I've never seen one in this yellow amber color before.

I collect Bixby bottles and recently started acquiring some other shoe polish bottles.

My friend Bill(justanolddigger) had this Butler's IXL oil Blacking bottle and I had to have it. It is 3.75" tall and 2" in diameter. Good luck all finding and digging bottles for your collections. Paul

B0B74CFBE4E143D3A6E3B7D2C6968B05.jpg

Attachments

• B0B74CFBE4E143D3A6E3B7D2C6968B05.jpg
    B0B74CFBE4E143D3A6E3B7D2C6968B05.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 82

idigjars

Reaction score
Hi all. Thanks Matt! Yes Chris I collect all Bixby bottles. Can you hook a brother up with something? Let me know. Best regards to all in your digging and finding new bottles for your collections. Paul

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey Paul
Now you know that Butlers on my list old buddy .hehe Both are really nice piece .Is the butler op .I'll get me one some day and in a yellow olive would be nice .Nice pick up thanks for sharing .
bill

idigjars

Reaction score
Hi Billy! How ya been? You know you get all my dupes.

Jim, thank you for the comment and thanks for looking.

Good luck all digging and finding new items for your collections. Best regards! Paul

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello again idigjars: I have an old metal covered shoe blacking bottle that has a wooden plug and a rod with the dip end. The lid is threaded onto the bottle with threads near the base heel. I don't remember the name on it. I saw that Ben (madpadla) had one for sale a while ago on eBay - but I quit bidding because I already had one that was complete.
That was a nice one you had in this thread , but I liked the clear glass jar beside it the best - it had a neat finish. Can you tell me more about that one? . Thanks, RED Matthews

idigjars

Reaction score
Hello Red! Are you referring to the Butler IXL blacking bottle? If so, it has an applied mouth and a hinge mold base. If you are referring to something else let me know. Isn't this forum just the greatest place! Take care and good luck all finding or digging items for you collections. Paul

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster