More Bixbys For The Collection!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slag pile digger

Reaction score
Awesome pick-ups....Always great to get a few that you don't have..especially from someone who enjoyed Bixby's as much as you!!!! Michael I just picked these up....I'm guessing these are common...

8F33281B9CE2460A91C3F1866C10E814.jpg

Attachments

• 8F33281B9CE2460A91C3F1866C10E814.jpg
    8F33281B9CE2460A91C3F1866C10E814.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 63

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Wow....Big thanks to Woody! Bill those are some great finds! The old Italian guys that hung around with my father used to have an off color saying, as in "HE didn't know s**t from shinola"! Now I know where the odd origin of that saying originated, seeing your tins...[:D]

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
Some friends of my father used to have the same saying, and I never knew what Shinola was until I found my first Shinola tin. I guess the main difference is that one goes on the top of your shoes and the other sometimes winds up on the bottom, and don`t get the two mixed up![:D]
Slag pile, your 2 Bixbys are fairly common, clear is the most common color for the cones and so is aqua for the shoe polish, but they are still nice looking bottles. I have a run of those aqua ones with the number on the side under the patent date, I have 17 different numbers ranging from 2 to 34, and am trying to fill in all the rest in between, yours I picked up with this lot of Bixbys. One odd thing about these bottles with the number on the side is that they all have S.M. Bixby & Co. spelled out on the base, all of the other bottles without the number, and all the other variants with the name on the base only say Bixby. Perhaps some day I`ll find the reason why. Thanks for everybody`s comments on here, it`s great having this site where I can share some of these things. This is what can happen when people get along on here and help each other out instead of some of the petty bickering I see on here sometimes. I`m on here to have fun and if I can help someone out, I do, and if I don`t like what someone writes, I go along to the next post.
Now to see if there are any other Bixby collections closeted away somewhere.......

sandchip

Reaction score
That's an amazing addition to your collection. I know you'll be riding high on this score for a while!

beendiggin

Reaction score
Holy crap Bill...you have got to be stoked. That is a fantastic addition to your collection. Now you have to expand your display area!

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
I already have 1 1/2 display cabinets full of some of my Bixby stuff, I think I need another one! I was thinking a couple weeks ago that I hadn`t found any different Bixby things in a while, this certainly makes up for it. You never know what is coming your way sometimes. I`m even thinking about writing a small book on Bixby and his products, but first I want to catalog all of what I have, that could take a while. [8|]

woody

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Bixby Bill

The best pieces of the lot. Hope you enjoy seeing them, now I have to dig out all the rest of my Bixbys and see what I have for duplicates. It`s supposed to snow again tomorrow anyway, a good time to stay home and sort through them.[:)] I have to give a BIG THANK YOU to Woody, who had originally sent me the ad for all of this!

FFFD8C147D754E79A0432F72C9446FB4.jpg

Wow!!! I'm glad that worked out well for you, Bill.[:D]
When I saw the ad I just had to let you know about it and I'm happy that you were able to add to your collection.
You must have one of the premier collection of Bixby botlles and go withs around.[;)]

CazDigger

Reaction score
What a great find! that sign is awesome. What are the aqua flask-like bottles? I don't recall seeing those before. You must be on cloud nine.
Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter