Charlie Gardner Geometric Ink

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

justanolddigger

Reaction score
I would love to have this, but I know I can't afford it right now. The history is fantastic, I remember the original sale, I would love to have a piece of his collection, and the color is awesome also. Here's a heads up to fellow forum members who might be interested.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-Round-Geometric-Ink-/160734685415?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256c88a8e7

sandchip

Reaction score
That's a beauty, for sho'.

If only bottles like that came with a photo album. "Hey, look at all the folks I used to hang out with. One dude, Jared something, thought he was all that. And this Foster dude, what a bigmouth..."

epackage

Reaction score
Nothing against Mr. Gardner, and what was once the collection of all collections, but I could care less if he owned it at one time. If it was a Cadillac driven by Elvis or a Motorcycle driven by Steve McQueen then I might care, all this did was sit on the shelf of a bottle collector. It's a nice piece for what it is and not because of the "sticker" on the bottom...IMHO

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I agree with epackage. The fact that it was a Gardner bottle only serves to identify it as such and adds no value to the piece. It has to stand on it's own merit; no prior owner makes it magical.

tigue710

Reaction score
being a Gardner bottle makes it all the more interesting to me. I am from the same town as he was, and growing up as a kid and a bottle collector he was like king Arthur to me, some mystical legend I could only aspire to emulate... Being that history is so much a part of collecting to me even a bottles more recent history is relevant. I would be very happy to have a bottle he had at one time, although I do not think I would pay a lot more money for that privilege. The stories that bottle might tell...

I do have his copy of Richard Watsons Bitters, which he added notes to and categorized his bitters bottles with, along with a few other books including American Flasks.

One of my favorite bottle finds was a fish bitters bottle. I rented a house in the New London area that at one time was home to one of Gardners close friends. He was over often for dinner in that house and spent many an evening there. I found the fish bitters in the Attic stuck down in the wall. All the time Gardner spent in that home with that fish bitters just a few feet away, and he never came across it! Or maybe he left it there? Its always inspired to keep looking, even when everyone says an areas all played out... you just never know whats hiding just a few feet away...

surfaceone

Reaction score
Provenance from top collections would always be a plus in the Art world. "Original Auction stickers" too. The fact that it's a lovely geometric ain't half bad neither.

51sqt1xzJfL._SL500_.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75