Check out this one

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
It is a shame that there are enough people watching ebay ,that two fools can meet.(unless of course the seller ran it up) That would be even more criminal,literally.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Someone should tell that poor guy or girl that they have been taken to the bottlecleaners, I think I will. Rick

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
RE: Check out this one..RIPOFF!

Another Rookies eyes opened a little wider, I hate those ebay rip offs! I HATE ALL RIPOFFS!
bowrem306 is me.Rick

Hello bowrem306, I would like to thank you for the email concerning the Staubmuller bottle. The seller of this bottle did not communicate quickly and after I received the bottle, I realized that it was a reproduction. I can only be upset with myself for not doing my homework before bidding. I have added you to my list of "favorite sellers". I appreciate your concern. Best regards

LC

Reaction score

I remember when I started collecting bottles, I traded a guy quite a few good medicines for one fairly large green Warners bottle. It looked as if it was stained from being in the ground. I believe it had been acid etched to make it look old after later thought. I think I kept that bottle as a reminder of what can happen if you are naive or uninformed as to what you buy. Some time later, when I found out I taken quite badly, I confronted the guy I bought it from, and he said to me,,,,,live and learn son,,,,, live and learn. Well, I never dealt with the guy again, and yes, I did learn, but was it excusable for him to do this, in my opinion, no, although I am sure there are many people out there that will say different. And regretfully, there are people out there with no conscience at all and will put it you in a big way, if you give them the chance to do so. I took a couple of pretty good burnings before I started trying to check different things out before jumping in and just buying. Hopefully, it will not happen to you again.[/align]

epgorge

Reaction score

I don't know if you remember that red chec net float ball I sold for $1oo something on ebay, for a friend. Well the guy wanted his money back and i had to give it to him, as the guy I sold it for wasn't anywhere to be found.

I ended up selling it to someone else for $70. I lost about 60 dollars on it. Since then I don't sell for anyone but me.

Joel

LC

Reaction score

Sorry Rick, got you mixed up I see. Hopefully it will never happen to any of us !

LC

Reaction score

It seems I always get a little cranked when I hear of someone getting ripped off in this manner regardless of who it is. It's just a shame it happens.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers