Cherub and cornucopia

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hi all, Here is something I got off eBay last week for 22 bucks, it is listed in Larry Freeman Grand Old American Bottles book (Cherub and cornucopia) but no other info, It is a highly detailed little 5" bottle. I bet it was perfume but looks like it would have made a dandy ink also! Any input?? Thanks Taz

Hf10184.jpg

Attachments

• Hf10184.jpg
    Hf10184.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 55

madman

Reaction score
all i can say is wow !! mike

David E

Reaction score
Hey Taz, looks like a candle stick.
Dave

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Taz
I have the same bottle . It was a gift from the late Judge MacKenzie . I'm almost positive it's an Ink. Any forum members have any Ink reference material that this may be listed in ? Nice ornate bottle , thanks for sharing !!! Brian

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
You may be right lobey ! It does seem to be more of a cologne shape and style. But , it's not really as top heavy as the pic would make you believe. But , it is rather deep for an Ink. You'd think it would have a ground glass stopper on such a ornate cologne.
Any members have any reference material on this one ????

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Thanks all! I just filled it up with water and it holds a tad over 1 1/2 OZ. I hope it's a ink and not a cologne lol ( otherwise it will go into my gals perfume bottle collection) [:D] Taz

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Taz,
Nice bottle, I would think it might well be an ink. About all fancy colognes and perfumes I have seen have ground stoppers. If contents warranted a fancy container they did not want the contents to evaporate. The stoppers were sometimes ornate as well. You might check with Norm Webster when you see him again he has a lot of old bottle books that might have a listing. Interesting piece of glassware in any case.
Cliff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday