Civil war?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
civil war? i thought it was the war of northern aggression. while they are common, you see alot of them in collections because alot of people find them when the first start out collecting.

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
the war of northern aggression.

thats right us southern boys were mindin our own business trying to start up our own country when out of nowhere those "damn yankee's" (as they were called way back when) came bustin in here and tearing up the place like a terrorist group!

capsoda

Reaction score
And we sent them yankee boys a steppin and a fetchin home too till Lincoln started gettin battle plan advice from his office maid.[8|]

And now you know the rest of the story.[:D]

capsoda

Reaction score
It is true and she wasn't paid. Grant was just as bad a general as the rest of them carpet baggers but he took over just before the maid started giving Lincoln strategic pointers.

capsoda

Reaction score
First prize goes to Lobey...... Yes she was. The slavery deal didn't come about untill 1863. Lincoln used it to make points and to make the Europeans think is was all about slavery instead of the Confederacy trying to start their own country to protest their states rights. It worked because the Europeans dropped their support for the south. Politics is what has kept Americans thinking the Civil War was about slavery while all along Lincoln and other northern folk kept slaves and folks still believe that propaganda today. Tradgety, Yes. About slavery, No.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Both sides fought hard and died hard. My mom's from Tennessee and my dad's from Massachusetts, I grew up in Maryland. I've always been fascinated by the Civil War but I'll never understand it. Its true that the reason the North won is because they had more men and supplies.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960