Civil war?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
Hello logueb, found one of the books this afternoon. Regretfully, the first 36 pages are missing out of this book due to the front of the binder coming apart while in the hands of someone else who apparently could have cared less whether it fell apart or not, so I have no idea as to when it was printed, but my guess would be the late 1880s or 90s. When viewing the pages, the ones at the right, at the top are printed ROSTER OF OHIO TROOPS. At the top of the pages at right show the numbers of the different regiments of the OHIO VALLEY VOLUNTEER INFANTRY. One heck of a neat book. Will see if I can find the other one tomorrow. I believe it has nothing to do with only Ohio troops. Tried to take a couple of pics from a couple of the pages to show you how things were printed in this book.I do not show the soldires names to try and keep the print big enough to be able to read. The soldiers name is printed at the left of each entry.[/align]

12DF9F2FE3EC410CA03BFCBC640734B9.jpg

Attachments

• 12DF9F2FE3EC410CA03BFCBC640734B9.jpg
    12DF9F2FE3EC410CA03BFCBC640734B9.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 78

LC

Reaction score
Another caption of a few lines.

EFBFB18080F84BEA8F61C6E2EE0B1762.jpg

Attachments

• EFBFB18080F84BEA8F61C6E2EE0B1762.jpg
    EFBFB18080F84BEA8F61C6E2EE0B1762.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 69

logueb

Reaction score
LC, Yes that appears to be the same type book as the one from Georgia. I think they are called offical rosters of regiments. There is so much history included in the pics you posted. The battle of Chickamauga Ga. , killed in battle, died from wounds received, died in prison, captured in battle, demoted and discharged in 1861(wonder what he did). Also there seem to be small battles listed that sometimes are hard to research. Great stuff. Everything had to be verified and recorded. One amazing fact that I discovered is that the Confederates did not always use the same name as the North. For instance I found a lot of soldiers injured at the Battle of Baker's Creek, but later found out that this was called the Battle of Champions Hill by the North. No computers , everything hand written. How did they keep up with all that info.

I am wondering how many of my fellow Southerners celebrated Confederate Memorial Day on April 26 to honor their ancestors. That was the day that Johnson surrendered his troops at Goldsboro North carolina and my Great Great Grandfather walked back to Georgia and started his family of 9 children. The first was born in 1868.

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
this is without a doubt the those most ignorant statement I've heard in many a year. what time warp did you fall out of? why don't you crawl back in you silly rebel you. Where you kicked in the head by a mule son? That would explain a lot.
Rick.

Rick maybe you should crawl back out of the hole you been living in ( not the privy you been digging) lol
and take off your rose colored glasses.
So the Mexican's don't out work the blacks and the Chinese aren't taking over?[:D][:D]

This is what's great about bottle collecting! Such a wide variety of people all with a common interest.
Glen[/align]

capsoda

Reaction score
I must be a dumb southern boy cause I sure missed something.[&:]

I was born in the south just like my forefathers and having traveled the world I love it here at home. No matter how my Native Indian, Jewish, Scottish, black, white hearatige looks to anyone else I am an American. Not something else and American or American and something elas. Just American.

Americans usually do what they feel is right. Even if it does seem wrong to future generations at least we aint a sittin on our duffs. Both sides thought they were right but industry and propaganda won the war much like it wins wars all the time. Those boys did what they had to do and the common soldier, where wearing blue or gray were all heros in my book just like any soldier who is willing to give his life for his country and the folks in it.[8|]

Ok, the soap box belongs to who ever is next.[:)]

LC

Reaction score
Found the other book this evening logueb, I believe it is the same as the other volume only covering different Regiments. Book is entitled - ROSTER OF OHIO SOLDIERS 1861-66 ; WAR OF THE REBELLION VOL. VIII. . This volume covers 110th to 140th Regiments - Infantry, printed by the Ohio Valley Press of Cincinnati in 1886. A great book of resource if you know what Regiment your family member was attached to.[/align]

cc6pack

Reaction score
Spencer thought you might like to see one more pic.

8125913A4E6F406FBBFE22B5EB3393BA.jpg

Attachments

• 8125913A4E6F406FBBFE22B5EB3393BA.jpg
    8125913A4E6F406FBBFE22B5EB3393BA.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 70

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!