Civil war?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
I say, string them all up, it'll teach them a lesson. Damn Rebels ! Damn Yankees ! It does tick me off as to the fact that my Rebel Grandfather got his blasted butt kicked like he did though.

All joking aside though, I have a couple of books out in the garage that shows records of Civil War Soldiers, ( I believe all from the North ) as to what battles they fought, whether they had been wounded or killed, and in what battle, if and when they were mustered out and other info. I can not think of the name of the books, They were printed in volumes in alphabetacle order. Published in the 1880s I think. Will try and figure out where they are, and try and take a few pics of some of the pages. Wish I had the entire set of them. They make for some very interesting reading.[/align]

bearswede

Reaction score
Put away yer guns, boys... This here's a peaceful-like bottle forum... Time to move on an' kick some gl*ASS!!!!!!!

logueb

Reaction score
Totally agree Ron.

LC, The records you refer to may be similar to the set of pension records compiled by the State of Georgia. All deaths and injuries attributed to this conflict had to be documented before benefits were paid. Where the injury was located (upper arm, lower hip etc.) where it happened etc. I learned more going through these records than in any history book. I was able to follow my Great Great Grandfathers Regiment (57 Ga. Inf. Army of Tennessee, CSA) throuhout the entire conflict, including his surrender at Goldsboro N.C. Debating on a bottle forum will not bring back one of these brave soldiers North or South. I did a lot of research on the history of this regiment, and also visited some of the battlefields. Joined the SCV for a while, but the camp seemed more interested in the re-enacting than on the history of the conflict. Never again should we have to suffer in such a horrific war. There were great losses of lives on both sides. I am proud of my Southern heritage and my ancestors who fought for what they considered a noble cause. But I will not debate on a bottle forum who was right or wrong. Lessons learned, move forward. Pick an ancestor who fought on either side, follow their journey for four years, and ask yourself, could I do that today?

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
there were many great lesson's learned during that time
ORIGINAL: bottlenutboy

To bad they have all been forgotten! The blacks won't work and the Mexicans are taking over! Soon the Chinese will be running the show.
100% Rebel born in Texas living in Oregon with a bunch of dumb yanks!
Glen[/align]

bearswede

Reaction score
The blacks won't work and the Mexicans are taking over! Soon the Chinese will be running the show.

I'm black, from Mexico and my mother was half Chinese... I work, don't plan on taking anything over and don't see myself running this forum anytime soon...

Ron

LC

Reaction score
Well, %^$#, got timed out again. What I had said logeub was that you are right as for the Civil War. To this day, I find it hard to believe that Fathers Sons and Brothers could actually fight against each other over the issues regardless of what they were. As for the books, you may be right as to what they are. I will make it a point get hold of one of them and see for sure, will let you know. It would take a long time to go through an entire set of these books whatever they are. I wish I had all the volumes, or at least the one with the letter B to see if I could have found any information on my Grandfather Barker to find out whether he had seen any action.[/align]

cc6pack

Reaction score
My

520D6A647C4F4CE8966E211E1DBB001E.jpg

Attachments

• 520D6A647C4F4CE8966E211E1DBB001E.jpg
    520D6A647C4F4CE8966E211E1DBB001E.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 67

capsoda

Reaction score
Many fought because they were draged into the military and what side you were on was according to where you where when you got nabbed.

I saw a family grave in Blackhawk (I Believe) Colorado where a lady out lived her husband and 3 or 4 sons who were killed in the Civil War along with younger cheldren who died of various malidies from 6 mos to about 4 years. They were all buried around a large inscribed monument including her.

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter