Clear HG Ball Perfect Mason

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dygger60

Reaction score
That is a nice jar....I agree with JB above....it is a reworked Drey mold.....I have had a few of these pass through my hands.

And yes....the RB is a priceless investment for helping to identify jars.....but then again...just plain ole experiance will in time help also.....

I dont know if it is proper to do this, I dont wanna take anything away from this excellent site and promote another...

When you get your Red Book....go to Ball Jar Collectors Community Center....towards the bottom of the home page there is what is
called the "Red Book Companion" it has pictures of mostly all the Ball jars listed in the Red Book...so you can cross reference what you read in the Red Book.....

There is also a couple of fruit jar colleting groups on Yahoo...just search the groups section....

Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of fruit jar collecting......

David

grimesco

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all of the helpful information! Thank you for posting the link to the pictures (I need more experience with jars AND computers... jars are just far more interesting).

I came across that jar at the estate auction of a local physician. His wife was a jar collector. There were over 100 jars. The auctioneer pulled out all of the aqua jars, and a few of the more interesting clear jars and pieced them out. Antique dealers got a few (they have deeper pockets), but I think I got most of them (I paid $6.00 or less per jar). At the end of the sale, they put three large boxes of clear jars on the table, and I bought the boxes for $2.00 each. I am pretty sure this jar was in one of those boxes.
I did end up with a nice apple green (it is definitely green) HG Boyd jar. The auction barn was so dimly lit you couldn't distinguish it from the aqua jars.
I went back last Saturday (the sale had to be conducted on two separate days) and bought one large and two small boxes of jars for $1.00 a box. I think there are some interesting clear pint jars in that lot. The previous owner had taken some masking tape and described some of the variations on the jars (such as the glass maker and date). Unfortunately I can't read most of what she wrote because the ink is so badly faded.
I can't wait to study them in the Red Book...
Thanks again!!!!

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: grimesco

Thank you so much for all of the helpful information! Thank you for posting the link to the pictures (I need more experience with jars AND computers... jars are just far more interesting).

I came across that jar at the estate auction of a local physician. His wife was a jar collector. There were over 100 jars. The auctioneer pulled out all of the aqua jars, and a few of the more interesting clear jars and pieced them out. Antique dealers got a few (they have deeper pockets), but I think I got most of them (I paid $6.00 or less per jar). At the end of the sale, they put three large boxes of clear jars on the table, and I bought the boxes for $2.00 each. I am pretty sure this jar was in one of those boxes.
I did end up with a nice apple green (it is definitely green) HG Boyd jar. The auction barn was so dimly lit you couldn't distinguish it from the aqua jars.
I went back last Saturday (the sale had to be conducted on two separate days) and bought one large and two small boxes of jars for $1.00 a box. I think there are some interesting clear pint jars in that lot. The previous owner had taken some masking tape and described some of the variations on the jars (such as the glass maker and date). Unfortunately I can't read most of what she wrote because the ink is so badly faded.
I can't wait to study them in the Red Book...
Thanks again!!!!
SHOW US A PIC OF THE APPLE GREEN HG BYOD JAR PLEASE

grimesco

Reaction score
I added several pictures of various jars. I tried to do a closeup of one of the pints because I think it might have a little bit of amber color in the glass? I didn't notice it until I put it in the window to take a picture. With my luck, it's probably an 80-year-old spaghetti sauce stain...
The first set of pints are still dirty because I didn't want to remove the tape with the handwriting of the previous owner.
I truly appreciate your time!
https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=3A2210BFF92CAA9B&id=3A2210BFF92CAA9B!117

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26