cobalt compound creosote bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

welddigger

Reaction score
dug this one last year at dump that was in the hole where they removed huge slabs of rock for a railroad bridge to an icehouse. i believe around 1890-1900.iwas just wandering if any one has ever seen one or knows what town it came from.the dump had lotsa of local huthes and blobs on the very bottom.this bottle was about midway with evrything else in that layer shettered or damaged bad.also found the top 1/4 of abitters barrel laying under the leaves around the side.but no other signs of bitters any where,wierd huh?i still have lots more to dig.also i was wondering if my dating of around 1900 is right for this bottle.it has a tooled topand is embossed,THE COMPOUND CREOSOTE/CAPSULE CO./(in script)dr.john r. leonway's/FORMULA.it's a cool little bottle but i really don't know nothing about it. any info would help.

Yw67800.jpg

Attachments

• Yw67800.jpg
    Yw67800.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 73

welddigger

Reaction score
i'm going to assume it's rare since nobody seems to be able to give any info.maybe i'll throw it into the e-bay random value calculator,it is cobalt they love them on there. thanxs for checking it out thuogh forum members.

tommyc03

Reaction score
Hello,
I know your post is older but if you get this it might help. Go to Google and type "compound creosote capsule company". Two items come up at top. One is your post, the other is a lead to an archived letter to physicians detailing your item and it's contents. My cousin dug one up in his backyard in Ct. and it's in perfect condition. I have not been able to price it out yet but the article is nonetheless intresting. Cheers!

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me of this bottle, Tommy. I'll have to check that out, too. I have one of these bottles that I dug about five years ago from an 1890-1910-era pit. There was another one in there too, but it was broken. I always thought it was a cool little bottle, and was never able to find out much about it. ~Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229