Construction finds again.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Johnny M

Reaction score
That guy musta sold a pig load of the stuff. I have dug those all my life but stopped keeping them years ago. Still, it's an older bottle and usually a nice strong aqua.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hey Hemi,
I'm sure all of us but especially the newer members enjoyed and learned from these photos. Say, did everyone notice what looks like a couple of aqua bots near the baseline of the opposite embankment in the last pic? Thanks Hemi! --Len

willong

Reaction score
Hey Hemi,
I'm sure all of us but especially the newer members enjoyed and learned from these photos. Say, did everyone notice what looks like a couple of aqua bots near the baseline of the opposite embankment in the last pic? Thanks Hemi! --Len
If you are talking about location just at the end of a score-line or crease in the ground, I did notice that color spot but can't tell if it's actual artifacts or pixel artifacts. On my monitor, I also see several bluish streaks on the face of the cut closer to ground level.

We'll just have to task Leon with going back to investigate :D .

willong

Reaction score
What caught my eye the most was the apparent age and dilapidated condition of the building in the background--more bottle buried in that yard I suspect.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
What caught my eye the most was the apparent age and dilapidated condition of the building in the background--more bottle buried in that yard I suspect.
Hi Will!
I agree there are many possibilities. I still like one baseline image because its in the shadow and seems to still have a bot shape. ..The best ones, indeed, might be next door. I'm sure Hemi will be there too once it comes down. :)

Also, I saw those ground level marks and didn't think much of them as well. Upon a 2nd look they almost appear to be a spray painted message:oops:--Some things can be overthought ;) ...

hemihampton

Reaction score
The lines in the dirt are spray painted line. The workers do this to all tore down house. it marks where the water line is & must be capped. I think they plug it with concrete? LEON.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Thanks Leon! ..So I'm presuming on behalf of more than just myself, in your area how many house demos do you think takes place in the average week?

hemihampton

Reaction score
Detroit is a very large area. I drive around for miles sometimes. I got a route I routinely take that takes miles. There has been times I have not drove by a area for 2 or 3 weeks only to find out that they tore down 10 houses in that area in that 2-3 weeks I missed & they are Filled in so to late. Timing is everything. I wait until they tear out the Garage Concrete Floor in Back Yard, Thats where most the Bottles are hiding. LEON.

P.S. I would not be surprised if Detroit tears down 20-30 houses a day. Depends, when they got a Government Grant of 500 million to tear down houses Years ago they were tearing them down every where. Now the Grant Money is Gone. Didn't last long. It was $6-8K to tear down a house before the Grant. Jumped to $15-$20k after Grant. Seems Suspicious to me?

hemihampton

Reaction score
WELL, Again today stopped by a torn down House. And again found something. This time a E&B Brewery Bottle. Was laying on side of Foundation hole like maybe a worker threw it there. Not Typical, usually there found in back, not on side of house. LEON.
E&Bbottle.JPG
E&Bbottlecloseup.JPG
E&Bcloseup2.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here it is with the Faygo I found Yesterday. To bad the Faygo not a Hutch. This Bottle worth maybe $1.00 or $5.00 tops. If it was a Hutch I'd definately get anywhere from $100-$200. Same with E&B, Worth maybe $1.00 or $5.00 tops. LEON.
E&BFaygo.JPG
E&BFaygoCloesup.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler