Couple of my babies...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Miles

Reaction score
What are you talkin about??

Up in Maine I lived on Moxie for two months Mmm..

Moxie is like coke and root beer mixed together. It's sorta bitter.

ronvae

Reaction score
Okay, so now I know that Moxie tastes like:
1. Ipecac (the impression I got from the internet)[:'(]; OR
2. Chicken[:-]; or
3. Gator[:eek:]; or
4. Possum[>:]; or
5. Coke + Root Beer & a little bitter[8D].

I hope you're right, Miles!!!!!

PS: It was SO fun to open Gutherhess' book & find my Moxie bottle right away...$18.00! (Not that I'd ever sell it). [:)]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Pat ...

We're all right...kinda... you just have to mix up all of those ingredients we listed for you and there you have it[8D] Quite frankly, the bottle is better tasting then the contents[:mad:]

Wayne

Mainely Broken

Reaction score
No No No..... guys you have it all wrong.... try that crap again & think of pepper!!!![:-] I live one town over from Moxie festival (July) & that is the nastiest stuff I have ever gagged on![&o] Hubby loves it but that is his home town.....yukkkkkk!!

ronvae

Reaction score
Hey Mainely Broken,
I MUST know the location of the Moxie Festival!!!!!! That is something I HAVE to see! [sm=lol.gif]

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
I know they have a Moxie Festival every year in Lisbon Maine but there may be some others as well. You have to aquire a taste for Moxie, sorta reminds me of chewing spruce gum.

Cliff

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Can you say Dr. Pepper.... but not. It's still my nerve food of choice. A little medicine like but sort of sweet..
Anyway, back on the bottle... look for the western, Denver I think. They bring in big bucks. The tapered collor to the blob and down to the crown top will fetch 10-30 dollars. Some say patent and some say trade mark etc. You san easily get a collection of thousands of items if you want to include openers, corkscwers, ads, ash & tip trays etc. Fun stuff!!!

Just what does chicken taste like.

I think it taste like rattlesnake almost. I'd much rather spend $15 lb for rattlesnake that $1 for chicken. Even though your less likely to choke an a chicken bone than a snakes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc