Crazy coke bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
This one is going high.. 2+ days left $800+

Its nice, cool sideways embossing. but why such high demand.. its no hutch.. someone educate me :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170713662030

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Jarvis,
I thought for sure (based on your description) that this would be one of our local vertically scripted E. L. Husting coca colas. Its not. Its from Richmond VA.

Here's my guess as to why it is valuable.
1. Coca-cola, more than almost any other product in history, has marketed itself extemely well. Therefore, there are many many collectors out there. Lots of collectors equals good competition in an auction style listing.
2. The bottle is probably pretty rare and hard to come by.
3. This one looks to be in decent shape.
4. Because coca-cola tried to switch to a nationally recognizable bottle (the hobbleskirt), bottles like this were used for relatively short periods of time and therefore are harder to find.
Add this up and you get the big bucks. This is only a guess, though.

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
thanks for the reply.

I looked up the hustings bottle and found one that sold for $500 a few years ago..

Do you know of any other ss cokes that would fetch prices like this..?

lexdigger

Reaction score
There are some straight sided cokes that bring Big bucks. I saw one dug here from Trenton, Tenn with the circle arrow. The digger sold it on eBay for over 1200 bucks. There are even some Hobbleskirt cokes that are worth over a grand because of the town name on the bottom. I always check the bottom when I dig one!!! LOL

Stardust

Reaction score
Hey guys, do you think that the neck of the bottle being formed slightly crooked when the top was applied gives it more appeal or are some people falling for this line? This may be the earliest version of the Richmond Coca Cola bottles and is a must have for the high end straight sided Coca Cola bottle collector!

I do believe that sometimes it's all in the way you write up your flea bay ad. It does look nice though to me. [8|] Will be nice to watch this baby out ~

Lex, thanks for the tip about checking the bottom of the bottle. I don't dig, but keep THINKING one day I'll find Bottle Heaven.... [8D] @ a yard sale or thrift shop one day~ [;)] Wish I did though! Enjoy every moment of it, you lucky guys ~ [8D] star

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Stardust

Hey guys, do you think that the neck of the bottle being formed slightly crooked when the top was applied gives it more appeal or are some people falling for this line? This may be the earliest version of the Richmond Coca Cola bottles and is a must have for the high end straight sided Coca Cola bottle collector!

I do believe that sometimes it's all in the way you write up your flea bay ad. It does look nice though to me. [8|] Will be nice to watch this baby out ~

Lex, thanks for the tip about checking the bottom of the bottle. I don't dig, but keep THINKING one day I'll find Bottle Heaven.... [8D] @ a yard sale or thrift shop one day~ [;)] Wish I did though! Enjoy every moment of it, you lucky guys ~ [8D] star

I don't think it has much to do with the description at all. I know when I'm bidding on bottles, I judge the quality by good pictures. The neck isn't even really crooked, so that wouldn't add any value, at least for me. I think the price is going so high because it's a rare, highly sought after bottle... No trickery involved.

Stardust

Reaction score
Thanks Connor for your input. You're right about the neck. I got a nice gift of an Old Coke this year from the WillimgtonBottleBoys, so It has sparked my interest in Coke bottles/soda bottles. [;)] Star

lexdigger

Reaction score
With Hobbleskirt Cokes it's all about the size of the town. I'm wanting to say that the Clinton, Tenn 1915 is the one that is so rare and hard to get, but I'll have to check my sources on that one. For whatever reason Coca Cola demands attention and the smaller the town the better the price. I just sold one on eBay last week from Lexington, N. C. for 30 bucks including shipping. I never would have thought it was worth more than 2-4 dollars! You just never know? LOL

lexdigger

Reaction score
Here's the Trenton, Tenn. Circle Arrow.

FA707D52E48342CFA4FABF8AC6EBCF55.jpg

Attachments

• FA707D52E48342CFA4FABF8AC6EBCF55.jpg
    FA707D52E48342CFA4FABF8AC6EBCF55.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 64

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics