Crossing my fingers on this BiXby...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Blackglass

Reaction score
I found this at a local antique store. It was with a whole bunch of inks/polishes, mostly bixby. I know a lot of Bixby's are common, I'm wondering if one in this color is desirable. All the bottles for sale were $10, was that a good price? There were also a few amber bixby's and a real unusual one in a pale green color (Different shape), should I go back for those?

Thanks!

``Michael

EDIT: The color is actually a little darker & greener than in the photo. My camera can be weird...

99C88EEB1C8A4205BC70D2035C0AED5A.jpg

Attachments

• 99C88EEB1C8A4205BC70D2035C0AED5A.jpg
    99C88EEB1C8A4205BC70D2035C0AED5A.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 55

druggistnut

Reaction score
Go back for the "pale green one in a different shape." That one will get you over $100.00, if it is undamaged, and if it is CITRON. Look that color up on here or elsewhere and see if it matches.
The picture you posted is good. The bottle is reasonably common, but worth more than $10.00, because of the color.
Ask idigjars (Paul) and he will let you know for sure. He is the resident Bixby expert in Michigan.
Bill

Blackglass

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information & comments, guys. I will try to get in contact with one the BiXby "Experts" you guys named. The bottle I saw there was in that shape, but not in that color, it was litteraly a light apple-green, or "Sea-Green", as I sometimes hear it referred to as. Believe me, if I saw one in Citron I woulda purchased it, too.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen