crystal clear cistern

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
You never know. Takes only one stray to make your day.

rwcw1040

Reaction score
Hey all, I went down to the old pottery building today and the crane had already torn 1/2 of the building. The location of the cistern was in the 1/2 that was already on the ground. I did call a friend earlier in the week and had him go down with a strong light and look into the water and he couldn't see any thing on the bottom. He also raked the bottom with a long pole and felt nothing. I guess we will never really know. I was wanting to dive down to the bottom just to log a cistern dive in my log book. I'll bet their aren't many divers with a cistern dive logged into their log books. LOL Thanks for all the advice...

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
We removed the stone cover and the water was crystal clear. We could not see the bottom, but it probed out at the depth of about 10'. This building was the local potter in 1840, and was in business for 20 plus years. I was thinking about doning the scuba gear and taking the plunge, but before I go thru this bone chilling adventure, what are the chances of any treasures being preserved in this time capsule?

This was a water supply , it doesnt make sense that people would put trash in it unless it was abandonded and it doesnt sound like it was. Treasure = 0.

sandchip

Reaction score
You probably right, but I was just thinking that maybe a kid or a closet tippler may have thrown one in there. Outside chance, I know, but...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28