Cub #987531

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

acls

Reaction score
Here is something for all of you Dew nuts out there in forum land......

4023DD14BB194E41BCB4E1EA7AAA5E6D.jpg

Attachments

• 4023DD14BB194E41BCB4E1EA7AAA5E6D.jpg
    4023DD14BB194E41BCB4E1EA7AAA5E6D.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 80

acls

Reaction score
Both of these were part of a private sale. They arrived in the mail today. The Dew was a little rough when I got it. The label was stained and there was quite a bit of case wear showing. With a little elbow grease it cleaned up pretty well. The Dew also has about a 1 inch sliver type thing out of the base. I'm still glad to get it.

The Cub is pretty common, but is cool ole' bottle.

carobran

Reaction score
howd you get the staining off the label?

Anthonicia

Reaction score
Damn!!! Those number bottles are worth a fortune! U really don't see any of those for sale like ever. What do u mean by a sliver in the base? Is it like a metal piece that was done in production of the bottle or after? Hope u got a good price on them. Really wish I could come across something like that on the cheap...

Anthonicia

Reaction score
Idk how he got the staining off but bar keepers friend works something serious for acls. I cleaned up a few bottles with it that I had no hope for whatsoever, but after I cleaned them they looked mint. Very highly reccomended.

Anthonicia

Reaction score
Bar keepers friend is kind of like comet. It is in the household cleaners section of grocery stores and the like. I use the powder version, but I have heard of the liquid type too. Not sure how the liquid kind does.

acls

Reaction score
Ding..Ding...Ding... You got it Anthonica. I did use Bar Keepers Friend.

Carobran if you have a label that looks pretty solid, but has staining on it Bar Keepers friend will usually do the trick. Bar Keepers Friend is a cleaner that contains oxalic acid which is good for removing rust stains. Like Anthonica said it is a powdered cleaner similar in consistency to Comet. I place some BKF in a small bowl, add, water and mix it around with my finger until it feels like gooey paste. Make sure it doesn't feel the least bit gritty. I then massage it into the label, rinse, and repeat until it is clean. It's great stuff. Just make sure your label is thick and strong. If a bottle has been exposed to the outdoors for a long period of time use with extreme caution. It can take the paint right off.

By "sliver" Anthonica I meant a sliver of glass. In other words it has a shallow chip that is about 1 inch in length along the heel. What are the value on these number bottles?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776