Cutter Laboratories Glass Container

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
While I was exploring into the Texas brush, I came along the banks of a dried river bed and found this. Anybody have any idea on the year or what this contained or what it was used for? It has a handle attached to it and has the word "1 Liter" embossed along with a measurement scale on the sides. Also on the bottom it has "Cutter Laboratories Chattanooga Tennessee" embossed. The top is puzzling because it has 3 holes and I tried taking the top off and it will NOT come off. I used pliers, screwdrivers, and other tools and it won't budge. It's not rusted or anything so Im guessing it was meant to never come off. Also inside it has a small tube inside of it. Some pics are below.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
I don't know the correct term for them but it looks like a "hospital dripper." You know like they hook an IV up to you when you have surgery or something and that stuff drips down from the bag thing hanging on the uhh rack thing. I know they used to use glass bottles instead of the plastic bags.

Sorry for my poor terminology. [&o]

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Peter, Thats a hospital drip IV bottle. The hole with the glass tube connected allows for refilling and air flow, not very sanitary. The other two holes are for feed tubes that take the contents to the needle and into the patient. Post WW1 but Pre WW2 is the best I can do on the date. Don't know exactly the went to the aluminum top but they were much smaller buy WW2.

Reaction score
Wow that is awesome I would have never guessed this was an I.V. bottle. Im gonna go back to that same place tomorrow and see if I can find any more of these.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960