Dang-It...I want to dig!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ModernMaster

Reaction score
I have been looking for a place to dig and I just can't seem to find a spot. Everyone I talk to looks at me like I'm insane. I'm at a loss and getting discouraged. Well, at least I got to rant a little. Thanks for listening.

Paul

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Paul, Arkansas should have bottles O plenty. Check out some historical maps and town plats for your area. The local library and tax assecesors office should have them. Try historical societies too.

JGUIS

Reaction score
If you have any wooded areas, walk them all over. Follow streams(I usually go upstream when I find glass) and creeks. Usually most people dumped downstream from their houses or towns, I guess so they didn't have to see stuff again, plus they didn't want their drinking water polluted. Guess they didn't think of the other people doing the same thing upstream.

dirtflicker

Reaction score
If you aren't finding bottle dumps...you are not looking hard enough....they are everywhere.

#1twin

Reaction score
ModernMaster,
I look for plants and shrub's, like crepe myrtles, azaelia's, etc, to help establish where the old home place's are in the woods. If your not familiar with the local plants, check out the back side of what you think is a home place, just over the fence line or down hill from the spot. Old vacant lots, in town, have produced a lot of local bottles for me also. Hope this helps ya out. Good luck, Marvin

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter