Did I miss something here?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
This one must be SUPER rare. Definitely not super spectacular looking. The bidders are all legit and the seller has a 0 rating. Does anyone know why this is going so high?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Barqs-milk-juice-bottle-Columbus-GA_W0QQitemZ120518962242QQcategoryZ10906QQcmdZViewItem

GuntherHess

Reaction score
There are some serious barqs collectors.
I have no idea why.
I'm still trying to figure out why people collect milk bottles[:D]
To each thier own...

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
It must be rare. That and the fact that root beer collectors might want it. There's a drink called Birellis (or something) that comes in a bottle just like that. I don't think that one has any value.

smithman29

Reaction score
Guentherhess: People (like me) collect pyro milk bottles because they are among the most attractive and displayable bottles within the realm of collecting. Their artistic images and artful color displays are outstanding. Historical content is highly evident with the pyroglazed patriotic W.W. 2 graphics, U.S. Presidential imagery, Famous American Heroes, Historic Places, etc.
All milk bottles represent a bygone era of an agrarian society made up of small rural farms and convienient home delivery routes.
The rarity, and subsequent value, of many of these milk bottles surpasses that of many classic bottle collecting categories, including colored pontilled squats, medicines, and bitters.
Just attend some local auctions and see the bidder frenzy when the best of these milk bottles are offered.
I guess its like the man says: To each his own...and milk bottles are my own!

Lordbud

Reaction score
I clicked your link and it indicates the auction ended without an opening bid of $9.99...am I missing something?

div2roty

Reaction score
Guentherhess: People (like me) collect pyro milk bottles because they are among the most attractive and displayable bottles within the realm of collecting. Their artistic images and artful color displays are outstanding. Historical content is highly evident with the pyroglazed patriotic W.W. 2 graphics, U.S. Presidential imagery, Famous American Heroes, Historic Places, etc.
All milk bottles represent a bygone era of an agrarian society made up of small rural farms and convienient home delivery routes.
The rarity, and subsequent value, of many of these milk bottles surpasses that of many classic bottle collecting categories, including colored pontilled squats, medicines, and bitters.
Just attend some local auctions and see the bidder frenzy when the best of these milk bottles are offered.
I guess its like the man says: To each his own...and milk bottles are my own!

Now this post is getting interesting.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I wish Ebay would have a special milk bottle only sub-section. There's surely enough milk collectors and sellers to warrant it. I get peeved when I do a simple search and get 50 plain hood milk bottles in the result....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem