DiggerDrew-1 Frozen Prarie-0

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
Ha!! I beat the frozen ground one more time!! I think this might be it for the winter at this site unless it warms up and the snow goes away. got caught in a nasty snow storm on the way home. an hour and a half ride took 2 and a half hours. But it was sooooo worth it. I am addicted to this site and cant wait to get back. But till then......enjoy some more pics from the civil war site ive been detecting at.

winter09002.jpg

A GROUP SHOT OF THE FINDS FOR THE DAY

winter09006.jpg

winter09007.jpg

winter09009.jpg

winter09005.jpg

winter09004.jpg

winter09003.jpg

winter09011.jpg

winter09010.jpg

Plumbata

Reaction score
Dude nice stuff man! I still find it really funny how there is Civil War stuff in Illinois. Kinda counter intuitive, and thus very sweet.

So what is the deal with the bullet thing with the waist? What is the fragile thing in the case, was it an old percussion cap tin or something?

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
the fragile thing used to look just like the other small button. they use chemicals in this field that eat the buttons. so finding whole ones not eaten is pretty tough. and im not quite sure about the spike, its brass. ive posted it on a civil war forum but no thoughts yet. i thought maybe a decorative spike off of a horse bridal. sean said he's found them there too.

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
found out what the spike dealy is..... it's the tip of a Springfield Bayonet Scabbard. It would have been affixed to another piece of brass that was thin and thus eaten away by the chemicals used in the corn field.

plummy, me thinks its time you invest in a detector. time to broaden your horizons.

cadburys

Reaction score
nice.... Man, you really make out when you go there. I think hitting it in the spring is going to be on the cards.

Ant

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles