Digging Brams throw

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hunter2000

Reaction score
For many years I have been digging the seacoast of NH ME and Mass, I have found 50 maybe a 100 or more dumps in back yards along the state highways in swamps and along the ocean, rivers and ya some places best left to the imagination.
Some of them untouched and others completely dug out. I have found piles of pontiled bases and mounds of shards that made me cry I really didnt cry but I sure was bumed out. I always wondered who might have been here before me if only I had been here first.
It was when I became a member of this forum that I realize there were only a few diggers in my area at least ones who posted on the forum.
A few years ago I heard of a man named bram a digger from Maine who was haveing a bottle show at his business. I called him and was welcomed to attend and I did it was a great show. A few months later I was digging in eliot when I had a guy walk up on me and as we talked he mentioned another guy had already dug here a few years ago he told me the guy lived here in eliot. I was at a house talking to a potential customer when I asked if she would be up to allowing me the opportunity to dig her old farm. She mentioned a neighbor had already dug on the property I said his name wasnt Bram by chance she was suprised and said yes.
Last week. I was in Amsbury Mass out in the woods at a dump in town that a new freind new about. A nearby neighbor wondered out where we were and started chatting with us. He mentioned he had dug there before with a guy that he walked up on while squirrel hunting. He told us that the guy had found a lot of great stuff. He said the guy was from Maine why he was digging here to him was odd I said do you rember his name? Ya BRAM.
OK so now I know im digging Bram throw everywhere. Im sure there must be others in my position. Bram your Sincerely Awsome. My good friend mainer1 wants me to start diving I cant wait to scower brams diving throws. A lot of hard work and a lot of dirt thats been moved its all good
Hunter200

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
HA That is too funny. I'm sitting here posting on the forum and my name appears in a post title, that was weird.
Sorry you hit a couple of spots I hit before you, but there is still a lot more to find. I've wandered the NH/ Maine area for many years looking for dumps, but not in an organized way, so I know I've missed plenty of places. PLENTY. A buddy of mine dug an amber Blakes whiskey like a $500 bottle right up the street from my house a few years ago, couldn't believe I missed the dump. Then another friend found a cache of NH druggists and a few pontils, about 500 yards up the road from my house in the other direction.
My wife asks me why I drive into Timbuctu to find my dumps when there is stuff found close by. Dammed if I know. :)

The single farm dumps have been hit the hardest in my opinion. They are the hardest to find un-dug nowadays. There are still ravine dumps in more populated areas still to be hit, plus bottles in the water, and especially New England privies, which are the hardest to locate, but there are some there.

I'm still finding pontils in new dumps, so I'm sure you will too

Good luck, I hope to see you find a jackpot and post it soon

hunter2000

Reaction score
Just incase anyone took my story the wrong way it was ment to be positive. It shows as diggers we get around and my friend thought it would be a good story. Bram I know what your talking about dumps in you own neighborhood when I lived on spinny creak I new of 2 dumps on a neighbors land but never had the nerve or new how to approach him to ask permission.

msleonas

Reaction score
I feel like I am always two steps behind one of our local Rhode Island diggers. I have "found" a few places only to find out that he was already there! I still keep looking though, hoping to find one that he hasn't been yet. I haven't been digging any where that someone has just come up on it while I was digging. I think that would scare the heck out of me. I have thought about it, but it hasn't happened. I am still waiting to find a place that has something other than common food jars, ketchup bottles, or blue Phillip bottles with a random local soda or milk.
Thanks again for sharing a great story.

hunter2000

Reaction score
I have had people walk up to me and ask if I was crazy another asked me if I was mental and of course the one asks can I help you they are my favorite. Sure grab a shovel. This most recent person had a rifle ya he made me a little nervous. Turned out he was hunting squirrel. OK
Sometimes the best spots to find great stuff is right out in the open the trick is getting permission. Or not.
Rhode Island has great stuff and stuff I will never find in nh.
Good luck dig deep.
Huntery2k

msleonas

Reaction score
@ Hunter2000
I would be nervous too if someone with a rifle showed up. I hear you about people think you are crazy for digging. I am a teacher and my coworkers laugh at me about digging.
Oh well, I love it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc