Digging hobby over

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggincajun

Reaction score
Hello to all diggers, I'm sad to say that my digging life has come to an end. My health will not permit me to do so anymore. It's hard giving up something I love so much. So I ask you all to post pictures, alot of pic's, I really enjoy looking at the digs and the finds. Anyway thank you all for inspiring me and sharing your experiences and finds.
Sincerely
Kim James
diggincajun

Stardust

Reaction score
Hello to all diggers, I'm sad to say that my digging life has come to an end. My health will not permit me to do so anymore. It's hard giving up something I love so much.

Dear Kim,
My heart reachs out to your's today as I read your post. I hear you loud and clear! It's really if frustrating when we want to do something we LOVE so much and our body won't let us anymore. Those stumbling stones in our life need to be turned around into steping stones and maybe just maybe you could write all about all your digs, bottles, life's adventures and find it very theraputic.

When one door closes another one opens....... you just have to be looking for that next door.
It's Ok to grieve the loss of oneself, although I found here people can't handle the reality of someone telling the honest truth of an illness. Although it would be nice if there was a section in collectors chat where members who are not well could feel safe to share and not be made to feel like a crazy person for daring to show they are human and really hurt.

Hang in there, and journal away when the anger and frustration hits you and no one understands. There's a lot of comfort of words on paper. I enjoy other's digs. It's a time to rest and learn something new...Digging may be over but something else is about to begin.You just have to be ready for it.

I will say a special prayer for you. God Bless. Sincerely, ~Stardust~

appliedlips

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the sad news.I hope you can fill your time with something you get as much enjoyment out of.

ktbi

Reaction score
Hi Kim,

Very sorry to hear. I too had to give it up for health reasons but I get immense pleasure from finding bottles in other places (junk shops, sales, shows, and the dreaded eBay). I'm certain you and I aren't the only ones either. I've got a long history and many pleasant memories and just making new one now. Have fun...

Ron

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. If your ever in Philly, you can sit around and sift with your hands for shards, you'll even get to flip a coin for picks. You just have to share some stories.

Matt

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Kim, I don't do much diggin any more either. I have a bad back and one leg that ain't to good either.

This is what ya do.....Tradin and buyin. Go to shows and barter folks outa bottles you need or want. It really does help.

Oh yea, This here forum family we got helps tremendously too.[:)]

Stardust

Reaction score
[:eek:] Remember it feels like it's over, but it's not over till the fat lady sings.....LOL!
just a little joke to lighten things up before I drag my tired body off too bed.

Take a breather, relax and thank the Good Lord or whoever you chose to believe in and say
THANKS, you're were lucky to be alive. Someone said there are bottles in other places
to find. Go for them when you are strong enough. I think I know where you're coming
from. I's called FEAR! There is nothing to fear but fear it self. Live each day to the fullest!
knowing that you could have lost everything. I know, I spent one hour a week with my cardio
doctor and yes he's the most handsome, kindest, caring, brilliant man I've ever met. I thank God for carefully placing him in my care of medical providers. Because, I'd been misdx. for a very long time and taken many medications that most likely have harmed me. No one cared enough to listen carefully until I met this doctor. Who deserves a metal for his kindness, to treat, educate, and find the best care possible for me and each and every one of his patients.

God Bless him and his family for sharing him as I travel through this maize alone relearning how to take care of my body and soul so that I may go on with so that I may go on with some kind of quality to my life so I may carry on and in return write a book to help other so they won't suffer and be humiliated as I have been over and over again.

I must stop as I'm too tired to continue. Sleep will and I'll try to keep checking up on you.
So hang in there and seeing how you how you are coming along.
~a very tired Stardust~

I WILL HAVE A QUALITY LIFE WITH LOVE AND MEANING!
NO ONE IS STOPPING THE STAR..........[;)]

RedGinger

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that diggincajun. I think it's cool that you can find bottles behind walls, in stone walls, and all kinds of places besides in the ground. If I could, sometimes I'd hire someone to dig for me! I suspect you have some good recipes being cajun. You could probably educate us on that. I'll send you my Jambalaya recipe if you send me one of yours.[:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey