Digging hobby over

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Yeah Cap my back is wrecked too. I probably shouldn't dig, that's why I need to hire a digging person lol.

kastoo

Reaction score
oh horse manure! Find yourself a co digger and go split the stuff! If you sit around you'll just get worse! Much love!

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Hey Cajun - I fear the day when I have to face the same thing. Digging is my great escape and great passion. I'm trying to make plans for how to ease the blow, like maybe like kastoo says, find a good partner, young and strong, and you work on getting the permissions and doing research. In the mean time, I'll take some time to show more posts and action photos, or maybe just past dug stuff that I've never posted on here. Take care, Bram

glass man

Reaction score
HEY MAN,wish I could just walk in the woods again.I wish I could help you. I can pray and hope you get peace of mind which is hard to find these days it seems! GOD BLESS US ALL!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Don't give up the bottle ship just yet Kim,there is always a way to be around the hobby.Be it books the Internet or people who still dig that you know.I talk to a older man from New Orleans,he is 74 and he still goes on digs with his friend who is 60 and two younger diggers.He doesn't do actually digging, but he gets permissions and stares down the hole waiting for bottles to come up :) So like I said where there is a BOTTLE WILL there is a way. Good Luck Rick

Reaction score
I'm new here and saw you post. I hope you can find something to fill your loss. I dig and collect many things in many other places too. I feel for ya. Keep your hands busy and your mind active. You'll be OK ............ [:)]

bonesbda

Reaction score
wouldn't it be better, instead of stopping ...
go full steam ahead...find that motherload...and drop dead of sheer pleasure? with bottles in one hand...and a shovel in the other!!!

i feel for you tho...couldn't stand no longer looking..
james

Stardust

Reaction score
Still thinking of you and wondering if you'll update us and let us know how you are doing. Keep Smiling [:)] and see the love here of people who care.

GACDIG

Reaction score
Keep to the woods Kim.You will find an answer. I am now 46, some want over weith and been digging for 1/2 my life. I will still dig, and will probaly fall with a heat attact in a dirt hole. Just remember what you loved.

diggincajun

Reaction score
Thank You all for your prays and wishes of good times. It's my vascular problem I have. My legs have little blood getting to them walking is a miracle right now. My heart is in it and yes I know I can go hang with other diggers and watch the great event happen. It's hard to find a person whom will allow me to tag along with them, not to speak badly of the diggers here, well heck I guess I am, just to watch. Most of the people I know that dig here are very selfish people and don't trust anyone. I've been trying to find a partner for years here and have been unsuccessfull. This bottle digging world is unquie and quite fascinating. It is it's own little world and community. I will be attending the monthly Bottle Club meetings to keep up with what is happening around town and to see some of the fascinating bottles being found. My heart and spirit is still in it and so I will do all I can to be around it. You see walking is a luxury for me right now. It's hard to have such a dramatic change in one's life after being so active in the past. Keep posting pic's and stories I love them all and thanks for the invite to tag along, it means the world to me. Dig that hole ladies and gentlemen, find that rare bottle you dream of and my the good Lord be at your side for every minute of it. God Bless.
Sincerely
Kim James
diggincajun

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem