Digging in N. Dakota

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
. what do you think of catkickers bottle ? i think a better welcome is in order myself. after all that maybe we can all go back to this sick hobby of ours ~matt
ORIGINAL: sweetrelease

,...I'll say to that, that an embalming bottle is certainly an interesting 'first find' , and I'm (usually) quick with a welcome and a handshake... So welcome Stephen, I hope you find more good bottles in your travels.

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
Thank you for your insightful acknowledgement, Plumbata. Fact is, it's a solitary existence when one has insight (academic or otherwise) not in keeping with the status quo. The Aversion Theory of behavior modification is, as the name implies, well researched and applicable within numerous social structures. Your point is well taken. What's more, I realize the extrapolative mindset attendant with communicating in a scientific/academic format. I have written numerous monographs and academic critiques in disciplines as diverse as paleostratigraphy to Reformation poetry. You're in your groove expressively addressing a readership of likeminded souls. Although there is a shared misconception regarding just what a "photographic memory" is, I have the misfortune of being in possession of same. I have read myriad topics voraciously starting at an early age and have continued through the decades. A thesaurus is a useful tool for most but usage cements appropriate meaning. Because of my expansive vocabulary, precisely because of its potential pratfalls socially, I tend to reserve application to appropriate audiences. They do exist and are appreciative when it is warranted. Of course having made my living writing in both specialized markets and for a general readership for the last 36 years, I have learned to tailor communication to meet the receiver's comfort level of comprehension. Likely it is this flexibility of style and syntax that best reflects the communicator's (sender's) ability. Nevertheless, your missive was succinct, expressive in meaning and a delightful read.

catkicker

Reaction score
Well I must say the response to my bottle, or should I say username is astounding. I have often thought in this day and age of excessive PC.(political correctness ) and the overwhelming desire not to offend even after being offended, that maybe I should change my username/handle that I have used for 18yrs. It was my CB(citizens band radio 10-4) handle in the days of the rubber duckie and has stayed with me to this day. My online friends call me cat or kicker or yes catlicker and a few other expletives I feel don't need mentioning. Never has the name stirred up this kind of turbulance on a forum. I guess maybe it's a sign of the times.
So how did I end up with this name?
Before I started operating these for a living.

I operated these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr582Uqhf0g

I had a bumper sticker on my caterpillar machine that said. "Have you kicked your CAT today"
Thats how I ended up with the nickname
Catkicker

I work for a company that builds wind farms all through the central parts of the US.

LC

Reaction score
Did you get that Lobes . I definitely need someone to translate that for me ...........

whitefeather

Reaction score
Catkicker are you going to keep the bottle? Are you hooked?
Welcome to the forum or playground[;)]

Whitefeather

capsoda

Reaction score
Working around heavy equipment several times in my life and still when my bro needs me, I thought catkicker was pretty common. Sometime used for a nickname for a operator but more often (down here) a heavy equipment mechanic.

I must admit that I never quite understood the politically correct movement and really didn't give a crap. Speak your mind folks. I also don't like cats even though I have a few. I never mistreat animals. Now if one needs it's disposition changed I can fill the bill. There are no longer any little wolves, coyotes, wild domestic cats and dogs terrorizing the wifes birds but I didn't mistreat a single animal.

Welcome to the forum Catkicker

Stephen (Plumbata), will you write my eulogy??? [:)]

glass man

Reaction score
PAVLOV,WATSON AND SKINNER KNEW BETTER THEN MESS WITH CATS CAUSE THEY GONNA DO JUST WHAT THEY WANT TO! ONCE WROTE A SONG AFTER HAVING YEARS OF PSYCHOLOGY COURSES. ONE LINE WENT= " PAVLOV DOGS HAVE STUFFED THEMSELVES AGAIN .NOW THEY SIT AROUND THE TABLE PLAYING GIN.POOR OLE PAVLOV RINGS A LONELY BELL CRYING OUT "GET ME OUT OF THIS FREUDIAN HELL"! GEEZ EVERY BODY AND THEY BROTHER HAVE A PSYCH. THEORY AND MAN I GOT SICK OF THEM! RAT KICKER MAY HAVE GONE OVER BETTER. MAN IF CATKICKER IS BAD. I HAD A SICK BIOLOGY PROFFESOR THAT TOOK HOMELESS [MAYBE] CATS AND BUT THEM IN A BAG AND KILLED THEM BY PUTTING THE END OF THE BAG OVER THE MUFFELER OF A TURNED ON CAR. HE THEN CUT THEM OPEN THREW ON LOTS OF FORMALDAHYDE AND BROUGHT THEM TO CLASS FOR US TO NAME THE BODY PARTS![:mad:][:'(]YET HE THOUGHT SMOKING POT WAS HIGHLY IMMORAL!!???[:-] JAMIE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday