Digging Kentucky.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Here's something to make all down n' out diggers feel good about their lives:
I've had 10 permissions this year in the Lexington area. All of the homes but one were pontil era. Of the 15 pits I've probed and looked into, 12 have already been dug by earlier diggers. How about that for a terrifying statistic??!! This place must have been digger's Mecca back in the seventies...and ever since. I can understand that in Philly or Cinncinnati...but here? Oh well... I'm not giving up; I'm too danged ticked off for that. I've got something to prove now!

John.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Now that's gotta hurt! I didn't think anyone but those guys in Brooklyn NY were that agressive! I'm up in Maine, and as soon as the frost is out of the ground, i have a privy in my own back yard to work on. My house was built in 1837 and I did some probing, and of course the privy I beleive I found is under a nice big bush. I invited an 86 year old lady to visit last summer who grew up in my house, she was able to point out the 'outhouse' location she remembered, yup, under that bush. I started digging late last fall but the first big snow of the season chased me in. So far, lots of bricks and a cut granit stoop stone..I'll keep everyone posted.

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Well...she's probably pointed out the newest one for you, but there's bound to be at least three on that property. Hopefully they're all in a row right by the one you're in.
Good luck...it's getting a bit warmer up there!

John.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday