Digs from a recent trip to NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
quote:

ORIGINAL: ILUV2DIG

quote:

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Nice stuff ahhhh the ole Giraffe bottle. I still have the one I dug as a kid

Rick, would you believe in all the years I have been digging old bots, this is the first "Giraffe" bottle I have dug? LOL! I gave it to my daughter...she loves it

Nice gift == I originally gave it to my mom but I took it back 30 years later.Its collecting dust at my house now lol

Thats funny I gave one I dug to my mom because she likes giraffes.

nhpharm

Reaction score
From the Little Rhody Bottle Club site:

David G. Hall was a soda manufacturer and bottler at the rear of 91 North Main Street in Providence from 1852-54. In 1855, Hall joined with Edward Anthony becoming Hall & Anthony, Soda Manufacturers and were located at the Museum Building in Providence. The partnership lasted only a year and in 1856 Hall opened a new bottling establishment at the rear of 78 Pine Street.

Hall quit the bottling business around 1862 and joined with William H. Greene becoming Greene & Co. Liquors at 35 Orange Street. By 1869 they were located at 56-58 Orange Street dealing in most types of liquors.

In 1871, Hall quit the company and dealt in provisions as David G. Hall & Co.

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: nhpharm

From the Little Rhody Bottle Club site:

David G. Hall was a soda manufacturer and bottler at the rear of 91 North Main Street in Providence from 1852-54. In 1855, Hall joined with Edward Anthony becoming Hall & Anthony, Soda Manufacturers and were located at the Museum Building in Providence. The partnership lasted only a year and in 1856 Hall opened a new bottling establishment at the rear of 78 Pine Street.

Hall quit the bottling business around 1862 and joined with William H. Greene becoming Greene & Co. Liquors at 35 Orange Street. By 1869 they were located at 56-58 Orange Street dealing in most types of liquors.

In 1871, Hall quit the company and dealt in provisions as David G. Hall & Co.

Thank you for that information NHPHARM. I found it very helpful. After looking closer at the base, I think it may have been graphite or iron pontiled. There is only slight traces of the actual pontil that remain. I really like the teal color and the fact it is from the northeastern US.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin