Do You Keep the Shards??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Atlas

Reaction score
I do now. Never kept shards as a kid (30-some yrs ago), but I wish I did. They're interesting and remind me of what else is out there (or machochistically, of what I almost found). I also didn't know you could glue pieces together--I once found a beatiful turn mold wine that had rolled (bulldozer unearthed it) onto a rock and lay in 3 perfect pieces. I wish I had kept them.

I think there's some kind of art you can make with color shards--but I'm no artisan!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I have actually made stepping stones by cementing pieces of western dug squares onto concrete steps and then sealing them. I gave 'em away as gifts to those that liked 'em.

deepbluedigger

Reaction score
I always hang onto sherds from rarities and have accumulated a few boxes full over the years. On a few occasions I've taken home all sherds from very interesting pits to record them, even if some of the sherds are from very common items. I figure that earlier pits are hard to find, and every sherd from a spot like that adds to the story. Having said that, I've only ever dug two pits early or interesting enough to do that: one dating 1830s - 50s, and one about 200 years earlier. I'm hoping they will turn out to be just the first of many.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85