Does any one know french?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jwelton

Reaction score
here is a bottle that we have found from paris france and on it it reads Marque Deposee
that sound like some kind of deposet iwould think. the name reads Marnier-Lapostolle. It looks like a liquor bottle and it is brown. The green on is round on the bottle and the top looks like a sheer top can any help me date this one. The little clear one has no seams to it. Puzzleing[8|]

Rp43183.jpg

Attachments

• Rp43183.jpg
    Rp43183.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 143

Roger

Reaction score
Marque Deposee
that sound like some kind of deposet iwould think. the name reads Marnier-Lapostolle.

'Marque Deposee' is French for 'Trademark' and 'Marnier-Lapostolle' is taken from the name 'Louis Alexandre Marnier-Lapostolle' who in 1880 invented Grand Marnier the famous liqueur which is a blend of cognac and orange.

jwelton

Reaction score
Roger,
Thank you for your info. Do they still make this kind of liqueur. If not when did the stop makeing it.

Pontiled

Reaction score
Sorry, no French, but I do get by with Russian, Germany, Vietnamese, Spanish, and a bit of Gaelic, along with English! When the French say "Thank you," to me it's more like "Mercy bucket."

Sorry, I just had to jump right in!

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Hi Josh,
Yes,Grand Marnier IS still being produced!(My poison of choice![8D])In fact the modern bottles are identical to what you have,the mold lines are the only difference.The flavour is divine![;)]

KAT

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
I do,...
the bulbus bottle is called a cabash!,depending on when made and size is key to its worth since made from spain to america..........

I need what they say "every word and dot".

also the small clear bottle is perfume,.....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75