Does Each State have a Pontil

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
I have never heard of one from Florida and very few from Alabama. The pontils that I have found in both were imported from everywhere else.

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
I'm currently putting together a list of embossed pontil bottles from Maine, possibly for future publication. I have just over 30 on the list now with about that many more variations (lip style, shape, height, color and embossing differences). If anyone knows of one they think I might not have, give me a holler.

Thanks - Sam

earlyglass

Reaction score
Sam,

Check out my website... I have a couple on there that are very rare, possibly unique.

Mike

www.bottleshow.com

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi Mike -

Thanks for the link to the Me pontils - I have been there before. The Hays and Whipple I have in smooth base but not in pontil. The C. B. Smith is definitley uncommon, I can provide you some info on Smith in exchange for some close up pics I could use.

Later - Sam

appliedlips

Reaction score
Iowa has pontils,I don't know about Kansas but I am pretty sure Kansas City,Mo. has a metal bottomed sodie.Arkansas,very well could have one but I don't know.I would guess that other than California almost all of the Western States would not have one.I would think every state east of Missouri has atleast one and can't think of one that doesn't.Florida?maybe.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator