Does the bottling location of ACL's without any design difference effect the value?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine27

Reaction score
For example most Moxie ACL bottles i see on ebay where bottled in Needham Hights Mass, but i sometimes see them that were bottled in places in Maine.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Needham was the latest for Moxie, I don't know of a bottling plant in Maine, that must be a franchise thing. They did have plants in Chicago, Denver and St Louis in the earlier years.Anyway, the location is usually a big factor. Many collectors like stuff marked from small towns or local to them.

Maine27

Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
Needham was the latest for Moxie, I don't know of a bottling plant in Maine, that must be a franchise thing. They did have plants in Chicago, Denver and St Louis in the earlier years.Anyway, the location is usually a big factor. Many collectors like stuff marked from small towns or local to them.

I should of specified, the bottles still say "Bottles by the authority of the Moxie Company Needham Hights Mass Metropolitan Boston" in the exact same way. The only difference is the small local writing below using a different font that looks like it was added after the fact by the local bottler.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yes, the local writing definitely affects the value. Ideally you want it to be from a place that has a lot of bottle collectors but not that many bottles. If it's from somewhere like NYC or Philadelphia or whatever it won't make the bottle worth any more, but many small town bottles are worth more.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A Giles